Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap flights ny

Options
  • 02-10-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

where is the best place to look for cheap flights to ny for the end to novmember

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Try Skyscanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Keep in mind that the end of November is around Thanksgiving (Nov. 22nd this year) so flights costs may go up a lot, it is the most expensive and busiest time of the year to travel in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Ya I know. Was there two years ago. Best time to be in new York

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

You could go for a conencting flight via Heathrow for example. I have often noticed that flights on skyscanner via heathrow can cost 150e less than direct from Ireland.

I know it can be a pain and add extra hours to travelling but its a way of saving money. Has anybody ever done this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

yew_tree wrote: »
    I know it can be a pain and add extra hours to travelling but its a way of saving money. Has anybody ever done this?
    Yeah, loadsa people have. Loads.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    yew_tree wrote: »
    Yeah, loadsa people have. Loads.
    Is it worth it. I can save around €200 stopping in heathrow. I didn't really want to put out the cousin picking ous up in new york

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Skyscanner is great for booking cheap flights. I booked flights a couple of months ago dub to ny for E304. You need to watch the flights over a couple of weeks as prices go up and down, With regards to flying into heathrow. I think you're normally excited when you're going on holiday so you mightn't mind the extra flying once its not a big stopover.

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Skyscanner is great for booking cheap flights. I booked flights a couple of months ago dub to ny for E304. You need to watch the flights over a couple of weeks as prices go up and down, With regards to flying into heathrow. I think you're normally excited when you're going on holiday so you mightn't mind the extra flying once its not a big stopover.

two hour stop over and same coming back

cena wrote: »
    two hour stop over and same coming back

2 hours isn't too bad if you're not in a hurry. Are you bringing children? E200 is a nice amount to have in your pocket!!!!

it was till I had to help my mother pay rent.

• Advertisement

How cheap are the flights, how long you going for

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    How cheap are the flights, how long you going for

I think just over 800 for myself and my mother. Going for three weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

where is the best place to look for cheap flights to ny for the end to novmember

Have you tried Continental.com / united.com

I fly from the US to Eire several times and year and have found that they are hard to beat.

In the states we use orbitz.com and travelocity.com, but they do not beat continental across the ocean.

Also, where are you going to be staying? I bet Newark airport (EWR) is faster to many places in NYC than JFK or LaGuardia.

Newark is a straight run on the NJTPK to the GWB (uptown). You'll be able to access to midtown via the Lincoln Tunnel and downtown (Holland Tunnel) from the NJTPK as well.

JFK is a nightmare, you have to take a lot of busy highways which are almost guaranteed to me jammed around noon.

Like someone said, the 3rd Th in Nov is always Thanksgiving. I wonder if you fly on that date, will the seats be cheaper?

Check it out... http://www.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx

Good stuff, so around 400 each thats pretty good! 3 weeks is also great!!!!!

FISMA wrote: »

I fly from the US to Eire several times and year and have found that they are hard to beat.

In the states we use orbitz.com and travelocity.com, but they do not beat continental across the ocean.

Also, where are you going to be staying? I bet Newark airport (EWR) is faster to many places in NYC than JFK or LaGuardia.

Newark is a straight run on the NJTPK to the GWB (uptown). You'll be able to access to midtown via the Lincoln Tunnel and downtown (Holland Tunnel) from the NJTPK as well.

JFK is a nightmare, you have to take a lot of busy highways which are almost guaranteed to me jammed around noon.

Like someone said, the 3rd Th in Nov is always Thanksgiving. I wonder if you fly on that date, will the seats be cheaper?

Where staying with family in brooklyn. We want to be there for thanksgiving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Where staying with family in brooklyn. We want to be there for thanksgiving

Unless you save $200 or more, I would fly in to EWR. You'll jump on the NJTPK and be at the Holland Tunnel, conservatively speaking, in 30 minutes. This drops you close to chinatown. A few blocks more and you'll be in Williamsburg - part of Brooklym.

Traffic is always hit or miss, really depends on the time of day and all.

Look in to it.

Unless you save $200 or more, I would fly in to EWR. You'll jump on the NJTPK and be at the Holland Tunnel, conservatively speaking, in 30 minutes. This drops you close to chinatown. A few blocks more and you'll be in Williamsburg - part of Brooklym.

Traffic is always hit or miss, really depends on the time of day and all.

Look in to it.

They well be pick us up from jfk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Eire??

While going through London or Amsterdam might save you a hundred or two beware that you face a minimum 2 hour queue when you land stateside for immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 celtic123

We are flying with US airways it cost us 300e return around the end of November.
    There's a two hour stopover in Philadelphia though but we are saving loads by not flying direct. I got the flights through Skyscanner I just kept an eye on them for couple weeks.

Advertisement