Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underoath to disband..

• 02-10-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Post hardcore/metalcore/Christcore act Underoath have formally announced their plans to disband following a remarkable 15-year career.

“It’s sad to say that we feel like it’s time to close this chapter, but we have never seen things more clearly,” says vocalist Spencer Chamberlain. “These have been the best years of my entire life, and I owe that to every single person who ever supported this band along the way. This wasn’t a quick decision by any means. It’s just time for us to move on.”

Underoath will end their career by releasing a retrospective album titled Anthology 1999-2013. The album will be released on November 6th through Solid State Records, and will span the band's entire discography. The release will also feature the band's final recorded material in the form of new tracks “Sunburnt” and “Unsound.”

Underoath will also be embarking on a farewell tour beginning in 2013.

One of my favorite bands. The beginning of the end for metalcore ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I use to love UO but I wasn't mad about their last album. Sad to see them go all the same but I guess they've ran their corse.

As for it being the end of metalcore? Nah, I wouldn't worry yet. On that matter, I'm dying for Parkway Drive's new album.

Advertisement