Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I demand an Admin Investigation

Options
  • 02-10-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

I have just received a 6 month ban for posting a pic. All in good fun. I just think 6 months is way too harsh

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry I'm a mere CMod, and you'll have to make do with me for now at least

I take it you are referring to your ban from the soccer forum issued earlier this evening? You will note from the chart above that the first step is to PM the Mod in question to discuss your ban. Have you done that?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Beasty wrote: »

I take it you are referring to your ban from the soccer forum issued earlier this evening? You will note from the chart above that the first step is to PM the Mod in question to discuss your ban. Have you done that?
    Yeah we are going around in circles,he is only a young lad

Beasty wrote: »

My account got hacked by housemates

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm sorry, what do you mean your account got hacked by housemates? Are you saying you did not post the OP to this thread when you "demanded" an Admin investigation? Are you also saying you did not post the picture being referred to?

I would add the mod in question is a trusted member of this community. Saying "he's only a young lad" in the context you did is a pretty demeaning statement. If you wish this appeal to proceed I would suggest you consider tempering your approach and start showing a little more respect

Please also note your soccer forum ban is permanent. EDIT - the Mod has advised me that the ban can be issued as permanent in the soccer forum as standard, with a review being offered after 6 months with the possibility of the ban being lifted at that time

Permanent?? You got to be ****ing kidding me?

• Advertisement

Sully34 wrote: »
    Permanent?? You got to be ****ing kidding me?
    I clarified the point with the edit I made to my above post a few minutes before your post. Basically you are required to re-apply for access to the forum with a probationary period being applied if your application is successful

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If you want to be taken seriously by the process, take the process seriously. If you genuinely feel hard done by, open a new thread and start again, explaining why you were unjustly banned and asking for a review.

And stow the attitude problem, it's not going to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement