Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a security camera that work with iPad/iPhone

• 03-10-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm looking at putting two security cameras on the house, one front and one back,

I want one that has an app that I can keep an eye on it from my Ipad or iPhone?

Anyone have any advice or have done it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Most of them that have IP access can be viewed via an app for I phone or android, I use swann an have the app on the I phone an it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Helpplz

Most of them that have IP access can be viewed via an app for I phone or android, I use swann an have the app on the I phone an it works fine.

That's good news it's a new area for me, did you spend much on yours, was there much fitting to it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

I paid 350 an to be honest I overpaid on it an while the installation is easy the software set up is a pain in the b*lls.

Around 150 will get you a set of ebay, just search remote access outdoor cameras an your sorted.
    It will tell you in the description if there is a app for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Helpplz

Helpplz wrote: »

That's good news it's a new area for me, did you spend much on yours, was there much fitting to it? Thanks

Fair play, il have a look on eBay and other sites and see what the craic is, just want to get them in before the winter really kicks in,

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

The software is a bit of a pain, once I realised I hadn't a static ip I signed up to a dyndns account and it was pretty easy after figuring that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

The software is a bit of a pain, once I realised I hadn't a static ip I signed up to a dyndns account and it was pretty easy after figuring that out

Ok il keep an eye out for that, thanks, il be looking at a few this evening

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

A lot of cameras will work, such as Dlink and Foscam which I have. Have a look on amazon and they will tell you which work with iOS devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

iCam turns the camera on your iMac into a CCTV. You can monitor the inside of your house via your Mac or macs (up to 4). It streams and takes photos as soon as anyone passes by.

Advertisement