Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskas Temptations...

• 03-10-2012 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Does anyone give these to your cat? I saw them in the SuperValu near me a couple of months ago and bought them - Holy Jesus, it's like the cat went to Heaven! She LOVES them! Recommended amount is no more than 10 a day, which I'm obeying.... 2 or 3 a few times a day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg-zJjyhtGerfHhhSlvdmwASQZSYlXLf4Wq_QKlc7IKJZG4lLg

The anti-hairball tag was the main reason I bought them and she actually hasn't gotten up any hairballs since. She's well-groomed but there was often one or two every 5/6 days or so.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I give them to my cats and they like them, they prefer the dentabits or dreamies though! I wouldnt rely too much on anti hairball treats, there is better ways to treat and prevent them. I use defurrum paste, can get it in most vets or pet shops for about 7-8 euro per tube. If they are pukey or have sore tummies they get it once a day for 3 days to break down and bring up the hair, and then once a week to stop them building up, and the kitties think its a treat because it is apparently yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We used to, but we've switched to dreamies.
    All our cats absolutely adore them, it's enough just to shake the bag to have 4 cats charging you. You know that ad where your man shakes the bag and the cat comes straight through the wall? From what I can tell, that really happened.

But they also absolutely adore those stick things you can get in Aldi. One of our cats, the most reserved of the lot, will actually climb up my leg if I'm not quick enough getting the stick out of the wrapper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Shenshen wrote: »
    We used to, but we've switched to dreamies.
    All our cats absolutely adore them, it's enough just to shake the bag to have 4 cats charging you. You know that ad where your man shakes the bag and the cat comes straight through the wall? From what I can tell, that really happened.

But they also absolutely adore those stick things you can get in Aldi. One of our cats, the most reserved of the lot, will actually climb up my leg if I'm not quick enough getting the stick out of the wrapper...

Sounds familiar! :D

Oh stick treats a brill, my cats prefer tesco brand plus you get more in the pack compared to the whiskas brand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

I ate one before to see what the craic was. Not too shabby for a cat biscuit.

Im a horrible person :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I don't know what form of cat crack is in these but our cat, who is not food driven at all, goes absolutely spare for them. All you have to do is rattle the box and a furry bolt of lightening hits you square in the chest. They are the business for when he gets into places he's not supposed to be (like the roof) or out into the garden (housecat), almost feel sorry for him cos he's so proud of himself for having weaseled his way into or out of somewhere but he just can't resist the rattle of the packet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Oh stick treats a brill, my cats prefer tesco brand plus you get more in the pack compared to the whiskas brand :)

Great to see, that I'm not the only one, who has cats, preferring the Tesco ones ;)

Got the Whiskas once, they completely ignored it, same with the wet food :pac:

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Great to see, that I'm not the only one, who has cats, preferring the Tesco ones ;)

Got the Whiskas once, they completely ignored it, same with the wet food :pac:

Mine will tolerate the whiskas ones but if Peach smells the tesco ones she climbs me. Cream waits patiently like a good little boy and lets me place it in his mouth instead of snatching it from me, its like giving communion to a child :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Mine will tolerate the whiskas ones but if Peach smells the tesco ones she climbs me. Cream waits patiently like a good little boy and lets me place it in his mouth instead of snatching it from me, its like giving communion to a child :)

My toms can be miles away for a walk, I just have to open the pack, and there they are. 'Waiting' or 'patience' does not exist. If they could, they would open the press and get the treat stick themselves :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

My Tom loves them but the sticks are his favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Yes, while I feed my cat Royal Canin I give her Whiskas Temptations as treats every day and she absolutely loves them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I just have to open the cupboard that the Tesco sticks are stored in and three supposedly comatose cats in a different room are suddenly tearing lumps out of my leg!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Spontaneous feline teleportation - it happens all the time the box rattles or a stick pack is opened :P

Advertisement