Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louis Vuitton - Histoire(s) Book

• 03-10-2012 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Received one of these in the post from the Louis Vuitton department in Brown Thomas, Grafton Street.

It is an incredibly beautiful book and very expensive looking, very nice of them to send one out without asking. I have read it cover to cover and came across on page 35 a real-life story called 'On the Road', it is written by a reporter and there are photographs of him but it doesn't say who he is.

Did anyone else who received a copy recognise him or know who he might be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I don't know if the story is real or not but the guy is clearly a model. And the bag in the pics is far too pristine to have travelled the world and been used as a pillow!

And they aren't sending it to be nice..it's a brochure and they are sending it in the hope you will spend your hard earned cash on one of the bags featured!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I don't know if the story is real or not but the guy is clearly a model. And the bag in the pics is far too pristine to have travelled the world and been used as a pillow!

And they aren't sending it to be nice..it's a brochure and they are sending it in the hope you will spend your hard earned cash on one of the bags featured!

You are probably correct re: the model, however, I do think it was still nice of them to send it out. There are no prices in the book and having read it from cover to cover it wouldn't make me want to spending €€€€'s on a bag, the wallet was as far as I could stretch. It is more to do with craftsmanship and the history of manufacture than a brochure but that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Is that Andrew McCarthy's new book?

Advertisement