Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it normal to feel kind of depressed at night time?

• 03-10-2012 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I have always wondered this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Katie's side of the bed looking a bit barren?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I doubt it. I tend to feel more depressed during the day, which I doubt is normal either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

"Tired" would be more typical than "depressed."

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingMonkey

i always feel better at night tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Nighttime is often bad for me as people go to sleep and I get pretty lonely. Also your daytime schedule is over and you have free time to focus on your thoughts, which is not always a good thing.

Try and have a nighttime routine too, set times for cleaning up, or watching tv or whatever your hobbies are, and a set time for getting ready for bed and going to bed, and try to stick with it.

And try and get as much out of your day so you feel you have accomplished something. And if you feel you haven't, try to feel hopeful you will tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

Why, did you get this weeks Scientology bill ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I'm not sure I'd say it's 'normal', but I reckon it's not uncommon. Night time is when my mood would most often take a downturn.

I think it's a combination of the day being over, being along with your own thoughts, tiredness, and the darkness. One tends to ruminate over the actions and events of the day which leads (if one is predisposed toward depressive thinking) to focussing on negative thoughts.

What I do is try to stop myself worrying and just get to sleep. In the morning everything that was on your mind seems so small and inconsequential, probably just because you're assessing it with a more clear mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

krudler wrote: »
    Katie's side of the bed looking a bit barren?
    I'd say Katie's side was always barren to him with or without her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I always tend to be at my worst during the night . I find it's because your mind has the freedom to wander and this gives you the time to worry and over think things. I've spent many a night not sleeping as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

1ZRed wrote: »
    I'd say Katie's side was always barren to him with or without her

yeah i would say she wore a beard the whole time she was with him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

yeah i would say she wore a beard the whole time she was with him
    Had she worn a beard things might have been different! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I feel more depressed waking up its the taught of getting through the
    day when all you want to do is stay in bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I prefer the night time. Feels calmer.

And it's easier to hide in mwahahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Much prefer the nighttime, feel more awake. Love the darker evenings, none of this staying bright til 10pm nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Ah, sure, it could be worse, you could be depressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Does anyone else wake up with a feeling of absolute dread in the mornings? Not just getting up going to work dread. But all my worst thoughts seem to hit me the second I wake up.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

not if you're over 30, preposterously handsome and dont have to lay down beside some minger each night

Stop **** during the daytime Tom.

Advertisement