Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking at these few tablets

Options
  • 03-10-2012 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

looking at these 3 tablets

toshibia AT300 tablet

http://ie.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/product/Toshiba-AT300-101/1127235/toshibaShop/false/

acer ICONIA A510 taqb
    the version im looking at is 16 gb and not 32 gb

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/HT.H9MEK.001

also looking at samsung galaxy tab 1 10.1 16 gb

the toshibia and acer have the latest cpu NVIDIA Tegra 3 (T30S, 1.30 GHz) - 25.7 cm (10.1") LED - 16:10 WXGA -

both have 16 gb storeage but have sd slot and acer has a mini usb to full usb cable
    checking reviews the toshibia has a little light showing around the edges but hard to spot it seems , the acer a510 can at times not always respond on first touch of screen since last os update

speakers are better on acer as has 5.1 and not as loud on toshibia

i can refurbished samsung 10.1 tab for 270 euros with warranty
    can get the toshibia at300 for 369 euros new
    can get the acer a510 tab for 355 euros new

this be first tablet ,
    looking for a tablet to do all the normal things like browsing, e-mails, etc
    movies which some are mkv files and avi's which some tabs seem to have trouble with even with third party players
    the option of sd slot and be able to use a usb with a mini -usb

heres a you tube review of Toshiba at300 but know in states as Toshiba 10 and acer a510 , showing the difference between the 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2kBgWR_Es&list=PL2A44991BF065F46B&index=4&feature=plpp_video

any thoughts or suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Hi

I bought the Toshiba about 3 weeks and have been very happy with it.
    After putting the time into researching beforehand i decided it was the one i wanted.

Yes,there is a bit of light leak at the side but only when you are looking for it.It has ICS installed and i believe Toshiba has confirmed it will get Jelly Bean.
    It feels comfy in the hand because of the pattern on the back,its also light compared to some other tablets i have held.
    There is one big advantage in that i believe it is the only Tablet to be released this year that has an SD card slot that will take up to a 128GB card,a big plus in my books.
    all in all i think its a good tablet and somewhat future proofed in the sense it has the Quad Core and it will get Jelly Bean plus the big storage possibilities.
    It has the Gorilla glass also which is anothe plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Hi

I bought the Toshiba about 3 weeks and have been very happy with it.
    After putting the time into researching beforehand i decided it was the one i wanted.

Yes,there is a bit of light leak at the side but only when you are looking for it.It has ICS installed and i believe Toshiba has confirmed it will get Jelly Bean.
    It feels comfy in the hand because of the pattern on the back,its also light compared to some other tablets i have held.
    There is one big advantage in that i believe it is the only Tablet to be released this year that has an SD card slot that will take up to a 128GB card,a big plus in my books.
    all in all i think its a good tablet and somewhat future proofed in the sense it has the Quad Core and it will get Jelly Bean plus the big storage possibilities.
    It has the Gorilla glass also which is anothe plus.

thanks for that, how long has the battery lasted for you, there reports from 7 hours to 10 hours , the acer A510 has a bigger battery so last 2 hours longer but downside of acer is it takes 4-7 hours to charge ,
    i can get the toshibia at300 for €369 in ireland , not much better priced abroad and the acer A510 for €350 now from 355 ,
    the only plus with acer over toshibia is the battery , but doent have gorilla glass
    was looking at at asus transformer ft300 but i could justifies the price and seems too be fre problems with it and some say it feels cheap
    its down to acer a510 and toshibia at300 but looking like i get Toshiba

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Hi

i am getting anything from 5-8 Hrs but it is obviously very dependant on what apps are installed.I have several email accounts,facebook,Twitter,news apps etc which are all working in the background updaing and synching plus i have the wifi on continuously so taking all that into account i thinks its pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

good idea to to have a touch site, also be nice to have a section that deals that deals with tablets too as thy seem to becoming more popular

Advertisement