Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nicolite disposable ecig

Options
  • 03-10-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am a newbie to this forum but 2 days ago I took the plunge and decided to give up the cigs and try the ecig so I bought a nicolite disposable in my local shop for 7e, so far I have been very impressed as I have not had any urge to try a real cig but here is my issue it only last about 2 days and for 7e I am not saving a huge amount ( was on about 10 a day ) so I am wondering am I better off ordering online and getting one that you can recharge and add juice manualy and if so where and what are the best ones out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Can we put up a sticky or something? This exact question gets asked every day.

Campo, I bought something similar a few months back and it put me off e-cigs, thinking it was just a gimmicky product. Came here two weeks ago, discovered the Kanger T2, Ego Battery and El Toro Cigerallos, and now I wouldn't touch a cigarette.

You can get all these from e-smokeireland.eu which is where I buy from.

Here's a shopping cart one of the longer term members put together:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80824533&postcount=1%22

Those disposables are absolutely useless, and only serve as a way to put people off ecigs before they find out how fantastic a proper one is.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

This new kit by purevapour is great value: http://purevapour.com/product/purevapour/650mah-ego-twist-kit
    All you'd need then is e-liquid. Would recommend getting them from e-smokeireland.ie. They do amazing flavours

Comes with 2 twist batteries (you can change the power) and some clearomisers (screw off the top and drip juice along the inside wall). Screw the top part (clearomiser) to the battery and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Those disposables are absolutely useless, and only serve as a way to put people off ecigs before they find out how fantastic a proper one is.

And in my opinion the same goes for almost any of the "cigarette lookalike" ecigs ...

Changing from Smoking to Vaping is just that, it is a "change", if it is not significant enough the brain won't acknowledge it and you'll be using a bad ecig as an excuse to go back to the fags with a "I tried everything - even those ecigs which were terrible" approach.

The starter shopping cart Jamie posted is ideal as you will have plenty of spare parts and no excuses that you are running low on replacement heads, broken cartomizers juice etc ... he made it on http://www.e-smokeireland.eu btw

DO get a few bottles of juice to start with until you discover how much you are using and know when you can space out between ordering more juice.

I think the ego twist package from pure vapour is "ok" but the batteries are a good bit larger than a newbie will be comfortable with.

I personally use a regular 650mah and Vision CE5 when I'm going out for a night on the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

campo wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am a newbie to this forum but 2 days ago I took the plunge and decided to give up the cigs and try the ecig so I bought a nicolite disposable in my local shop for 7e, so far I have been very impressed as I have not had any urge to try a real cig but here is my issue it only last about 2 days and for 7e I am not saving a huge amount ( was on about 10 a day ) so I am wondering am I better off ordering online and getting one that you can recharge and add juice manualy and if so where and what are the best ones out there

i did the very same as you, delighted with result, but problem is same as yours,
    i bought this e cig and it worked brilliantly, but big problem is, it says on the wrapper that it is equal to 40 cigarettes, i thought i had my answer to giving up the ciggies, but alas the battery only worked i would say for about one day, or less, so had to bin it, thinking that maybe i had a faulty e cig, then again the same thing happened the next two, so today i was out and bought one, and about an hour later battery again was gone, so i infact had spent about 8 days worth of cash on four days with e cig, so they are not worth it,
    i then bought one of those rechargables, and lo and behold the battery lasts me two to three days no bother before needing charging,
    i am looking for a juice with strong tobacco flavour that contain 16mg nicotine,
    what do ye suggest,
    also is there a place that we can inform these companies that sell the disposable cig, that they are a waste of time and money, i have said it in the shops that i bought them in,
    but i think the people who manufacture these things need to know that people are very displeased that these things do not do what it says on the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I've been using the "cigarette lookalike" version from greensmoke and I use about a cartridge a day, they cost €2 each. If you want a simple replacement for fags they're perfect IMO. I'm tobacco free for five months.
    Today, I received my first true vaping kit and my first impression is that it'll work out cheaper, it's a marginally better smoke hit than Greensmoke but it's complicated and fiddley (just read through the forum for total confusion). I'll stick with it as it might improve the more I learn. Still trying to get my head around all the various components and what they do, when they should be replaced and to get the best combination for my personal taste.

• Advertisement
Advertisement