Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 email

• 03-10-2012 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Quick query. Have an iPhone 5, but for some reason I can't get my emails to push through to the phone. I had a 4 and essentially my emails would come through to the phone like texts, I would get an alert often before they would show up on screen. I reckon I have the settings that I know about correct, fetch new data is set to push, obviously something amis though. It's tremendously annoying, I would appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 needlemouse

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Quick query. Have an iPhone 5, but for some reason I can't get my emails to push through to the phone. I had a 4 and essentially my emails would come through to the phone like texts, I would get an alert often before they would show up on screen. I reckon I have the settings that I know about correct, fetch new data is set to push, obviously something amis though. It's tremendously annoying, I would appreciate any help.

Check your advanced settings as these overwrite your standard ones. even though you might have it scheduled to push from the server in the advanced settings if you have multiple e-mail addresses you can set some of them to manual. i.e. I have my personal mails set to push and work mails set to manual so that I don't receive work mails in the evening time. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Go to settings and then notifications to change what way you are alerted for emails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

When I go into Mail, Contacts, Calendar - Fetch New Data is set to Push. When I go into that Push is on and Fetch is set for 15 minutes. Ive had it on manual, still no difference. In advanced icloud is set to push, however for my two email accounts the only option available is Fetch or Manual. Still nothing being pushed through though.

With regard to notifications, they show up correctly once they are pulled through.

Hope that makes sense!!

Advertisement