Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas Commutable to Toronto?

Options
  • 03-10-2012 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys

We're applying for he IEC at the end of this year and hoping to go in Summer 2013. For cost reasons (rent, car insurance, general cost of living etc.) we don't really want to be in the middle of Toronto. However, we know it will be easier to find the kind of work we're after in Toronto (film/media/tv). So we were wondering does anyone know of any good areas/cities/towns that would be a good commute distance to Toronto? Have you or do you do this yourself?

Thanks so much guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if you're on the go train line then anywhere as far east as oshawa or as far west as barrie would be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

Isnt Barrie North?

sorry, yeah i meant burlington, barrie is another option though

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eavansara

Thanks everyone for suggestions! Does anyone know of any of the smaller towns/villages that are a good commute too? We live in the countryside now, and would be bringing our two dogs too, so would be nice to live somewhere similiar in Canada...a bit quieter and more out of the way...but still commutable :)

well i live on the cusp of what id call commutable to TO (i dont commute though), and i pass through 4 cities between the one where i live (oshawa) and getting to toronto. i think pretty much if you're on the go line you can rule out countryside unless you're willing to buy a car. if you do wanna drive though, there's plenty of options available to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

Another option would be Milton. Its on a different GO train line( http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/sysmap.aspx ) and is further out. All though its built up, there are areas surrounding that are countryside.

Advertisement