Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's new sim only plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

These are uncompetitive and ridiculous. Where's the free meteor to meteor calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

They sure are a drop from what I'm currently on (200mins, 200sms, free meteor calls and texts plus 1GB data for 15euro pm).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

You can build your own plan too, its probably better than the ones they have 'pre-built'.

plans.jpg

Not really. If you take the 5 euro base plan that's only free unlimited meteor to meteor texts. Then you need to take data at lets say 1GB for 7.50 plus minutes at 7.50 which give you a total of 20 euro per month but you've no free any network texts so you pay for all of these. Not to mention meteor to meteor calls will come out of your 250mins.

Pity really as meteor were really competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

They also have an internet only play with Free meteor calls and texts, 200 minutes and 200 texts for 15.25, no data though.

All in all a rather large downgrade.

dloob wrote: »
    They also have an internet only play with Free meteor calls and texts, 200 minutes and 200 texts for 15.25, no data though.

All in all a rather large downgrade.

I think that's gone now unless you have a link?

Nope I see that now. But still with no data it's useless to most people on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I think that's gone now unless you have a link?

Nope I see that now. But still with no data it's useless to most people on here

It shows up here for me https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans
    It's the "ideal for light users" plan.

I was just looking at the plan Captain Morgan has yesterday thinking it would go nicely with a sim free phone when my contract is up, oh well. :(

dloob wrote: »
    It shows up here for me https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans
    It's the "ideal for light users" plan.

I was just looking at the plan Captain Morgan has yesterday thinking it would go nicely with a sim free phone when my contract is up, oh well. :(

Well when your contract is up privately contact meteor about the plan you'd really like and you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

1.1GB of internet? :confused:

1GB or 1.5GB of internet, fair enough - but 1.1GB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

No odder then O2's offerings of 200, 350, 700 and 1GB
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/billpay.php

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Actually this is a well timed thread as I was just looking at the PAYG options earlier and likewise was disappointed with the Meteor/eMobile offerings

I'm looking to spend roughly €20 per month PAYG or bill (but no more than a 6 month contract), any network texts 24/7 are a must as is some data (be using a HTC One S but mostly on wireless). It'll be a backup/second phone - I already have the eMobile €35 per month for everything package on my primary number.

I've always had bigger packages on billpay so this end of the market is new to me really.

3 seems the best of what's offered at first glance but I've dealt with their customer care before and it's abysmal.. for all the "care" that was offered I might as well just choose menu options/go online etc.

Any thoughts?

Kensington wrote: »
    1.1GB of internet? :confused:

1GB or 1.5GB of internet, fair enough - but 1.1GB?
    Its built on the base plans - both of which come with 100 meg.

It certainly has its drawbacks, but I like the freedom it gives. I have 400 non meteor minutes in my current package and I use about 10 of them a month. I'd take the 5E base plan, 250 texts and 1gig of data. It would save me 18 euro a month

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I'm looking to spend roughly €20 per month PAYG or bill (but no more than a 6 month contract), any network texts 24/7 are a must as is some data (be using a HTC One S but mostly on wireless). It'll be a backup/second phone - I already have the eMobile €35 per month for everything package on my primary number

I'd stick on PAYG, both O2 and meteor will give you free texts for 20 EUR top up per month. 700 mb of data will cost you 9.99 on O2 or a gig on meteor will cost the same. If you are using it day by day, you'll get 50 megs from o2 for 99c or meteor for 79c.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was actually all set to go with this because I roam a lot.... until I saw their out of bundle rates.

no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Actually this is a well timed thread as I was just looking at the PAYG options earlier and likewise was disappointed with the Meteor/eMobile offerings

I'm looking to spend roughly €20 per month PAYG or bill (but no more than a 6 month contract), any network texts 24/7 are a must as is some data (be using a HTC One S but mostly on wireless). It'll be a backup/second phone - I already have the eMobile €35 per month for everything package on my primary number.

I've always had bigger packages on billpay so this end of the market is new to me really.

3 seems the best of what's offered at first glance but I've dealt with their customer care before and it's abysmal.. for all the "care" that was offered I might as well just choose menu options/go online etc.

Any thoughts?

Have a look a Lycamobile's current bundled offers. Very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Why don't they give you more data. I really don't think 5 euro for 500 mb is good value...If they ramped it up to 1GB id be a happy joe.

Advertisement