Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Different gigs on the same night?

Options
  • 03-10-2012 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Was thinking of travelling down to Cyprus Avenue this Saturday for a gig.
    But their website says that Gemma Hayes is playing at 8pm and King Kong Company at 11pm.
    So, do they turf out the people after the first gig and then re-open the venue for the KKC gig? Is there somewhere to go in the venue whilst this happens or are you turfed out on the streets?
    Or if you are there for the Gemma Hayes gig can you stay for the KKC one?
    Emailed Cyprus Avenue but they didn't get back to me.
    Hope this makes sense!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

Phone call might be better... worse comes to worst you'll end up in the old oak for a while but I dunno would they turf anyone out, maybe moved to back bar of Cypress or something???

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

I went to see Paul Dianno (ex Iron Maiden singer) in Cyprus Avenue a few years back at 8pm, tickets were €15, and after there was a 'Northern Soul' night there at 11pm costing €10. We were allowed stay on for this, no charge or questions asked.

It seems that people coming for the Northern Soul were charged at the door but we were left there, once you're in you're in.

I think they know that most people will leave anyway as the music is so different, which seemed to be the case. With your gig there may not be many Gemma Hayes fans who will stay for the dance act.

I can't imagine them chucking people out/checking tickets! Best to ring them just to be sure but I can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Gamayun wrote: »
    I went to see Paul Dianno (ex Iron Maiden singer) in Cyprus Avenue a few years back at 8pm, tickets were €15, and after there was a 'Northern Soul' night there at 11pm costing €10. We were allowed stay on for this, no charge or questions asked.

It seems that people coming for the Northern Soul were charged at the door but we were left there, once you're in you're in.

I think they know that most people will leave anyway as the music is so different, which seemed to be the case. With your gig there may not be many Gemma Hayes fans who will stay for the dance act.

I can't imagine them chucking people out/checking tickets! Best to ring them just to be sure but I can't see that happening.

Thanks for that! Might just arrive at 11pm for the gig and go elsewhere before that. We'll be mad for a few pints after travelling down from Dublin.

Advertisement