Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let's give AIB a round of applause

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

notnumber wrote: »
    leaving Ruairi Quinn in charge:eek:

You left Ruairi in charge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

CucaFace wrote: »
    Says everything I need to know about you.

What a Muppet.

They did this through violence and murder and not through brilliant ability as politicians.

Really SF and their populist bull**** are targetting the idiots of this country in a hope to get elected. Problem is if this site is anything to go on there probably is enough idiots out there to get them elected.

If you guys really think things are bad now, god help you all if we ever elect a SF Govt comprised of murderers.

I mean this is the party that still won't denounce the murder of an Irish garda in Limerick?????? Im mean just think about the types of people they really are when they can't even denounce the murder of garda McCabe, a normal Irishman who got up to do his job one day and was shot dead by 2 IRA scum bags robbing a bank????

They are scum and nothng more.

ok lets choose :

a gouverment of :

party a:
    FF + G =failed

party b:
    FF+ L = see above + less ballz ( not that above had any )

party c:
    SF = im rambo

At this stage im inclinded to rambo it , we can do no worse.

An also if you say SF target idiots then why have you and your smart arse friends not fixed things ? being smart on boards really fixes things, at this stage we need MASS public PEACEFUL protest. SF is a dirty choice i agree but this country is that ****ed its your last choice.
    How ****ed is that and its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

eh no - your deposit is unsecured - is not secured against anything.
    Depositors and unsecured bondholders rank the same in Ireland - we have a claim on whatever is left after the secured bondholders get their money in a default.

The government guarantee is different to the being secured/unsecured.
    Ah well - I was trying to write for an AH audience, after all ... :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can I just say I really enjoyed the trip to the zoo here today, apes and monkeys flinging poo at one and other. The next 6 to 8 weeks are going to be fun round here.Budget time always is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

flanzer wrote: »
    Cue the next round of problems for this country. Mass mortgage defaults.

We going to look back in 50 years, like we're currently looking back on the sexual abuse atrocities, knowing that it's happening right in front of ours eyes, yet do nothing about it. We really are a bunch of gutless wonders

The thing is, it's not just the banks, every fundamental aspect of how the country is run is being royally fcuked up. And we are all indoctrinated in it. I despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

flanzer wrote: »
    The genius' running this bank decided today that wouldn't it be clever of them to up the variable interest rate by 0.5%, only 2 days after the taxpayer paid a €1bn bond for them. Blatant balaclava wearing, robbing thuggery by AIB.

This country really needs to start getting violent. Now would be a good time for a coup, as Enda, Eamon, Lucinda, Varadker et al, are all in Europe today, leaving Ruairi Quinn in charge, I believe
    but what 'bout the bearded Bear? he still knocking around?

I mean i could take him, don't get me wrong, it's just that well, wit me knee acting up..

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

woodoo wrote: »
    Stinicker's Mammy: Stinicker your dinners ready

Stinicker: I'll be down in a minute mammy

Stinickers mammy: i got you a lovely cake for your 30th birthday too son

Stinicker: Yeepee yeepee.. i'm never moving out of home mammy.
    The guy could be renting you know... Quick! Get the crucifix! Look at all that dead money he's wasting by not getting out a huge mortgage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

2 words Human race. So fooking imperfect they dont even know it lol :D
    And all ye d**ks get off yer high horse and stop criticizing ppl who bought houses.
    Circumstance is different. Time is different.
    Btw for all ppl who bought houses, cause interest rates would never in the life time iv got a mortgage out for, would never ever increase. And if you cant do simple arthimethic dont but a house :rolleyes:
    I think this just goes to show the generation thats in it. Entitlement.
    And before ye asses comment on my post Im human too!!!!!!!
    No house, Im poor as fook and amused by all the blame and finger pointing lol :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Would ye all get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

AIB is an absolute disgrace.

Appalling.

Get rid of it. It should have gone already. Enough is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

AIB is an absolute disgrace.

Appalling.

Get rid of it. It should have gone already. Enough is enough.
    Their fees are a fkn joke at this stage. I have 3 accounts with them so it's something like €90 a quarter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

dvpower wrote: »
    Who exactly should be the victims of the violence you are urging others to do from behind your keyboard?

Vote for Sinn Fein so, I can forsee punishment beatings for the boards of the Banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Good Video from Stephen Donnelly here adressing the President of the European Parliment (Martin Schulz) at the Oireachtas on how Ireland didnt actually receive a bail out.

Interesting viewing.

Donnelly knows his stuff, and with his extensive business past, including dealings with The IMF and a Harvard Masters degree, in Public Administration and International Development, I tend to take his opinions and advice a lot more seriously than I take:

Michael Noonans, (A former teacher).

Other banks will follow, as the govt didnt intervene with this action from AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BTE72

Stinicker wrote: »
    Stupid people who were stupid enough to fall for Fianna Fail's property ponzi scheme deserve what is coming to them really. What is needed is to make people pay their loans or else leave them with nothing.

As a taxpayer I'd rather the banks get more money from their customers than from the exchequer. This doesn't bother me as I don't have debts and anything I buy, whether it cars, property or holidays I always save up for and fund them myself. So really it is only people who were gullible enough to borrow thousands who are effected. Financial darwinism if you will.

Dont be so ****in naive.
    Stupid people... you mean young families looking to buy their first home at that particular time in their life. So smarthole in 2001 when i lived in my 1 bed flat with my wife and child on the way what should we and everyone in our situation do... oh i know we shouldn't be fooled by the government into buying a house... they are trying to con us into a ponzi sheme! Oh yes i remember having that conversation very well. I also remember predicting a property bubble 3 years after that Your a gob****e know****all preaching from your soapbox...
    This is serious **** for ordinary people with children so have a bit of kop on before writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

BTE72 wrote: »
    Dont be so ****in naive.
    Stupid people... you mean young families looking to buy their first home at that particular time in their life. So smarthole in 2001 when i lived in my 1 bed flat with my wife and child on the way what should we and everyone in our situation do... oh i know we shouldn't be fooled by the government into buying a house... they are trying to con us into a ponzi sheme! Oh yes i remember having that conversation very well. I also remember predicting a property bubble 3 years after that Your a gob****e know****all preaching from your soapbox...
    This is serious **** for ordinary people with children so have a bit of kop on before writing.

You could have rented a 2 bed flat, just saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Boombastic wrote: »
    You could have rented a 2 bed flat, just saying

You can't have children in rented accommodation, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

better than being an ass...

Advertisement