Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data issue with iphone 5 (on three)

• 03-10-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is seeing this problem.

I activated my iphone 5 last night (three network).

Normally, when I used my iphone 4 (for the last 2 years on three) and I dropped out of 3G coverage, the phone would fall back onto the vodafone network and give me Edge or GPRS coverage.

This is not happening for me on the iphone 5.

Is anyone else seeing this??

I've posted this over on three forum but wanted to check here and see if anyone else is seeing this.

Thanks,
    spanner

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭spannerism

This post has been deleted.

Hi Captain,

No luck with that today. I checked my iphone 4 settings and it had that setting switched off and it worked on that for almost 2 years. It just doesn't seem want to work on the iphone 5.

Is anyone else seeing this problem on three?

It's bugging me to the say the least :-) I need my data anytime!!

Thanks for your help
    spanner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

Could this be the same issue lots of people (myself included) had with the iPhone 4 when it was released on Three, 2 years ago? Try doing what I did.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks loinnsigh.

I'll give that a bash. I'm still noticing the problem today.

I've also talked to the three reps on the three forum.

Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

Is anyone else on three noticing this problem?

Thanks,
    spannerism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Check if your network selection is on automatic. 3 use two different networks, one for 3g the other for 2g. If you manually selected the 3g you'll never get 2g data. Always leave it on automatic, and data roaming 'on' is not necessary for 2g data to work.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dave6195. The network selection is set to automatic.

I've a funny feeling that the sim card is not enabled for data on the vodafone network. It bugs me as this worked perfectly on the iphone 4.

Advertisement