Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reilly conveniently knows developer who owns the sites of new PC centre

• 03-10-2012 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭

HEALTH Minister James Reilly has admitted he has a connection to a well-known property developer who owns the site in his constituency where a controversial health centre will be built.

So this crap is still going on. No vested interest then Reilly? Why has Enda not ousted this gombeen and why are all the others standing behind him?

Is it time that this government where pushed to fall? I certainly have lost all confidence in them they are corrupt and are taking us all for a ride

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Reily's probably throwing Edna a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

God i cant stand that fat bully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

fedor.2. wrote: »
    God i cant stand that fat bully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Reilly keeps on digging that hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Misleading title. I read developer and PC centre and assumed he was a software developer

The story is ruined now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I for one am shocked...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Reilly keeps on digging that hole.

It will need to be a big one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

We should hold a referendum to rename the country. Bendover

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

He's still on with Pat Kenny right now

He is focused and honest.

If you are a patient you should hope that he delivers what he plans on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Does anybody actually believe him ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If true, he should be demoted and investigated. And anyone, including the taoiseach should be outed and stand down if neccesary, should they have been aware of this knowledge.

Fine Gael didn't reform or change Irish society or its foundations when they entered government, they simply carried on the charade, but with shinier clothes than the last lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Him, and the rest of the sham coalition govt should be fcuked out of the country, and sent to Rockall or some place where the only further harm they can do is to themselves.

And don't give me this 'we inherited these problems' they've been in govt now almost two years, and what the fcuk have they began to 'put right'?

Further cronyism, further bending over backwards to Europe.

Bunch of self serving **** the lot of them.

I had to sit down I was so shocked..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Drumpot wrote: »
    Does anybody actually believe him ?

The question is, How can you tell a Politican is lying?

Their mouth is moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

my friend wrote: »
    He's still on with Pat Kenny right now

He is focused and honest.

You forgot to put the sarcasm smiley in there.

As my granddad would say, "What would you expect from a pig but a grunt"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Its a small country, the elites will inevitably end up moving in the same circles but on the face of it, it looks like more of the same old grubby BS we've all come to expect.

Turns out the site was selected by Mary Harney during her time in office according to a statement read out on newstalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Turns out the site was selected by Mary Harney during her time in office according to a statement read out on newstalk

Did Mary Harney add this site to list of candidates or Reilly ?

Fact is that Reilly overstepped the mark by picking these sites to be considered for something that wasnt professionaly recommended . . It was at best a conflict of interest . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

"The site is owned by a Fine Gael supporter, Seamus Murphy, and one of his properties was used to promote Mr Reilly during an election campaign.

He said the selection of the Balbriggan site had absolutely nothing to do with him, and that it had been chosen by his predecessor, Mary Harney.
    Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Pat Kenny, Mr Reilly acknowledged that he knew Mr Murphy, but he rejected any implication that he would benefit from the selection of the site."

Huh! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

fedor.2. wrote: »
    It will need to be a big one

It'll save him having to take the government jet to Sydney, I hope for his sake that his shovel's up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Boombastic wrote: »
    "The site is owned by a Fine Gael supporter, Seamus Murphy, and one of his properties was used to promote Mr Reilly during an election campaign.

He said the selection of the Balbriggan site had absolutely nothing to do with him, and that it had been chosen by his predecessor, Mary Harney.
    Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Pat Kenny, Mr Reilly acknowledged that he knew Mr Murphy, but he rejected any implication that he would benefit from the selection of the site."

Huh! :(

Picking the site had nothing to do with him. Pushing it from 150-ish on the list to top of the pile had everything to do with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

He should be called Two Stroke Reilly for his masterful use of stroke politics.
    Lesser politicians would have only tried to slip one new primary care center into their own constituency but he went for gold by slipping two in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Picking the site had nothing to do with him. Pushing it from 150-ish on the list to top of the pile had everything to do with him
    Exactly.

I would suggest a reading of the following just to clarify any matters: http://bigginsblog.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/has-james-reilly-mislead-the-dail/

Its something I wrote about on Sunday.

He now only lied - he bumped up out of nowhere two places and then said they were previously prioritised - when no records exist that show they were!

1. He lied to the Dail (the public)
    2. He bumped two places up in his own area for reasons, each of us can gather own opinions on!
    “I believe the minister has misled the Dail with regard to how Balbriggan and Swords became priorities on the list of 35 primary care sites drawn up by himself and Róisín Shortall [the junior health minister who resigned last week],” he said. “There was a long list of sites, with no priority weightings attached to them.

Any attempt by others to question this matter is being currently blocked repeatedly by the Ceann Comhairle (who just happens to be a member of what party again?).

Once more - one more questionable move that smells of inner antics for gain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

So he's changed his story

This morning, Dr Reilly and Education Minister Ruairi Quinn said the site was decided upon by the HSE when former health minister Mary Harney was in office.

But he has now admitted this information was wrong and another site was selected at that point, which subsequently fell through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This morning, Dr Reilly and Education Minister Ruairi Quinn said the site was decided upon by the HSE when former health minister Mary Harney was in office.

But he has now admitted this information was wrong and another site was selected at that point, which subsequently fell through.
    smacks of the arrogance we're accustomed to and thought we were finished with

Fianna Fail health spokesman Billy Kelleher said the site was "selected during your tenure as Minister for Health".

To be fair it did happen while Reilly was in office - but to be also fair, did the man himself personally sign-off and know of a possible too close to home personal conflict?

I would love to hear if it was some other unknown underling which made the decision (which would let him off the hook?) or did he have the ultimate say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Ah, the auld "blame the person who came before me" defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So this crap is still going on. No vested interest then Reilly? Why has Enda not ousted this gombeen and why are all the others standing behind him?

Cos there is no difference between Kenny and Reilly and the rest of FG or FF. Gombeens voted in by gombeens.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2012/1002/1224324727315.html

Fintan O'toole hits the nail on the head there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gerry Adams was in the 'RA though. Won't somebody think of the childer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

HEALTH Minister James Reilly has admitted he has a connection to a well-known property developer who owns the site in his constituency where a controversial health centre will be built.

Is it time that this government where pushed to fall? I certainly have lost all confidence in them they are corrupt and are taking us all for a ride
    This isnt funny anymore but..

HE FIXED THE ROAD!!!!!!!
    Really. They (politicians in general) just do ****e like this. They keep their heads down for a few day til the kerfuffle dies down and then just carry on having gotten away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I personally would have no problem if a politician was to stand up and publicly state that the decision they are about to make is based on what is best for the country and they are 100% sure it's morally correct and they will stand over it all the way, but there is a conflict of interest on their behalf.

A correct decision is a correct decision but FOR F**KS SAKE be open and transparent about it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Time for this fat, dirty-headed, corrupt gombeen to go. It's one thing after another with him and I hate the thought of what state the health service will be in if he's there at the end of five years.

Biggins wrote: »

I would love to hear of it was some other unknown underling which made the decision (which would let him off the hook?) or did he have the ultimate say?

Of course it was some underling and not the great Dr. Himself;)

• Advertisement

Of course it was some underling and not the great Dr. Himself;)

I suspect thats one defence we might eventually hear.

...Mr Murphy had said he had seen the Minister on television when asked if he knew him.
    LINK LINK

Call me a non-believer but...

http://imageshack.us/a/img31/8643/oopsr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I'm honestly more shocked that this crap still comes as a huge shock to so many people. "Politician does somthing apparently dodgy". Well I never. I for one am shocked. All you need in this country is a serious face and the ability to brass-neck your way and not lose the head or let any innapropriate words slip out. Those are fatal. Being acused of Utter strokery is just normal and a minor hurdle to overcome, "sure they'll all forget in a week or two lads...." and we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I could explain to you what exactly is going on but it is too complicated to explain fully as its loggeraridmic or some such thing that is way above all your heads :rolleyes:

from the Irish times http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1004/breaking33.html

Earlier Minister for Children Frances Fitzgerald defended Dr Reilly and said she was confident once all details emerge people will accept that he has done nothing wrong.

She conceded that the details “may not seem clear now” but said this would change. “There is no personal gain for him. There is no impropriety in relation to the lease, the land, the particular site we’re discussing today. That will emerge more and more as the details of the decision making around that emerge,” Ms Fitzgerald said.

“I would be very confident that once the details around that particular decision emerge that it would be understood by people and it will be accepted.”

Yeah, I am sure they are all hoping that we forget this by next week so as they don't have to "reveal the details"

By the way, I thought Vincent Brownes show last night was one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. FG threw in a backbencher to defend Reilly and he was literally eaten alive, Uncomfortable was not even the word, he looked like someone that was hoping a hole would open up so as he could disappear :)

I could explain to you what exactly is going on but it is too complicated to explain fully as its loggeraridmic or some such thing that is way above all your heads :rolleyes:

Thanks for not being condescending!

How many versions now have we had from Reilly and the government?
    Forgive us for being slightly sceptical - its just one thing after another with this man (and this government)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Biggins wrote: »
    I suspect thats one defence we might eventually hear.

His underling, Roisin Shorthall a minister of state, proposed the original criteria which resulted in the selection of 20 Primary care centres to be prioritised.

This doesn't leave very much room for Reilly to blame an underling when he used his executive power to overturn the decision of a minister of State

Akrasia wrote: »
    ...This doesn't leave very much room for Reilly to blame an underling when he used his executive power to overturn the decision of a minister of State

True!

Advertisement