Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas bars in City Centre

Options
  • 03-10-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

Have a few friends visiting this weekend and wondered if anyone could advise on any Wine/Tapas bars in the city centre for a casual drink in the evening?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Boqueria on Bridge St - haven't been there in a couple of yrs, but it used to be good, if a small bit pricy.

http://boqueria.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 UKLad

Looks great thanks for the recommendation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Cafe Gusto on Washington St do wine and tapas in the evening. Amicus do them. Electric do pintxos, which are Basque tapas. L'Attitude 51 sometimes have a French version available.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Maynes on Pembroke Street near Canty's. Though Mr McCabe doesn't call it a Tapas bar, it's a wine bar that does food to go with wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Maynes on Pembroke Street near Canty's. Though Mr McCabe doesn't call it a Tapas bar, it's a wine bar that does food to go with wine.

Something similar with Meades and then there is Orso which ain't tapas but is also wine and food for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

I would highly recommend Boqueria too. They also do fab cocktails!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

angeline wrote: »
    I would highly recommend Boqueria too. They also do fab cocktails!!

I was there thus evening - the service was friendly but oh so very slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

evilivor wrote: »
    I was there thus evening - the service was friendly but oh so very slow.

I don't think the service is good.

Advertisement