Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Cell Network

Options
  • 03-10-2012 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

I promised my Dad I would help him get setup this weekend with an iphone (going to go for the iphone 4s as its cheaper than the new one and has all he requires)

Three's pricing seems to be very competitive.
    just wondering about reception (both internet and voice)

Anyone care to share their experiences?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi I am with Three and have the 40.33 plan . The coverage is ok tbh up and down for data a lot even in town. (As I type I have zero 3g I am out towards Ballinode so Student wont be helping) I do a lot of teathering and its great for that when its up.
    However if I were you I would go for the S3 instead of the 4s. Bigger better phone but if you want the 4s its prob the best deal. Unlimited Data is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

bennyc wrote: »
    Hi I am with Three and have the 40.33 plan . The coverage is ok tbh up and down for data a lot even in town. (As I type I have zero 3g I am out towards Ballinode so Student wont be helping) I do a lot of teathering and its great for that when its up.
    However if I were you I would go for the S3 instead of the 4s. Bigger better phone but if you want the 4s its prob the best deal. Unlimited Data is great.

I'm on the same plan with 3 as well, using a HTC OneX and can't fault them. Only when I'm outside of the country does my bill ever go over the €40.33/month and I go through a fair amount of data wither using the wifi hotspot or tethering as I'm on the road a lot for work,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

thanks for the input.
    He lives in town so if Three's 3g reception is up and down even in the town centre, thats putting me off already..

I'm writing off Vodafone straight away. Whilst their reception is great, I'm so sick and tired of their useless website always being down.

Which leads me to 02...
    I see the 4s 16 gig can be got for 150 Euro . Includes 250 texts, 250 minutes and 350 megs of internet which is plenty for him.
    I had 02 a few years back in Sligo and they were excellent. Would anyone be able to comment if this is still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Which side of town is he on? I switched from O2 last year to get free iphone 4s from three. I cant fault them, coverage pretty good most places and I cover all of Co Donegal for work. Only point I would raise is that they charge to ring your voicemail but this is easily fixed with a free app called Hullomail. Im Strandhill road side of town and average 2-3 M down.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

jazyguy wrote: »
    Which side of town is he on? I switched from O2 last year to get free iphone 4s from three. I cant fault them, coverage pretty good most places and I cover all of Co Donegal for work. Only point I would raise is that they charge to ring your voicemail but this is easily fixed with a free app called Hullomail. Im Strandhill road side of town and average 2-3 M down.

just to add to this....they also strangely charge for picture messages too.....some networks allow at least ten free but none with three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

very good deal with emobile at the moment too....€34.50 for unlimited tests, calls to ay network and calls to landlines and 15g of data which is fantastic and should run all appliances in the house - emobile let you tether!!!
    It will cost you €139 over the phone for the Samsung Galaxy s3...best phone really IMHO
    I have been with them since they started up so quite a few years now - this deal is cheaper than the original staff discounted deal!

There is a thread about it over on bargain alerts -

Advertisement