Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the thread loop.

• 03-10-2012 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Iv been on boards a while now. It was great when it started . The problem is most of the jokes become repeated and the same threads keep popping up . I sometimes try think of new threads gthat havnt been thought of . Sometimes I argue a point that I dont even agree with just in the hope someone will say something funny .
    Is this what normally happens . Does the average account only last a year or so ?
    Am I just spoiling the fun?

Maybe I just have more interesting things going on .
    But do people feel the after hours fun has a time limit and its time for me to just log in for 5mins once a week to read the musician forum .
    Are there any other good areas of boards Im missing out on?
    The atheists take themselves too seriously , the christians are too nice . The maths people and sciency stuff in too brain inducing . The celebrity forum doesnt realise every picture is staged making it like a really bad reality tv show .
    Take chantelle houtons big romance with the cafe fighter . Everytbing even the baby was all a cash operation . Imogen Thomas sitting on her porch to cry in front of all the paps at super injunction time .
    Reading back on my post aI have changed my question .
    Has cloptrop got himself a dose of depression . Is this common with boards people. Will it pass once Ive had my breakfast ?How long will it be before somebody blames it on the government or the bankers ?

Comments

Iv been on boards a while now. It was great when it started . The problem is most of the jokes become repeated and the same threads keep popping up . I sometimes try think of new threads gthat havnt been thought of . Sometimes I argue a point that I dont even agree with just in the hope someone will say something funny .
    Is this what normally happens . Does the average account only last a year or so ?

But do people feel the after hours fun has a time limit and its time for me to just log in for 5mins once a week to read the musician forum .
    The atheists take themselves too seriously , the christians are too nice . The maths people and sciency stuff in too brain inducing . The celebrity forum doesnt realise every picture is staged making it like a really bad reality tv show .
    Take chantelle houtons big romance with the cafe fighter . Everytbing even the baby was all a cash operation . Imogen Thomas sitting on her porch to cry in front of all the paps at super injunction time .
    Has cloptrop got himself a dose of depression . Is this common with boards people. Will it pass once Ive had my breakfast ?How long will it be before somebody blames it on the government or the bankers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

cloptrop wrote: »

Tune in next week to find out, same bat time, same bat channel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers!!

You didn't know I was gonna say that, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I blame the fat cats...

Look 'em up on youtube, silly overweight felines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

jugger0 wrote: »
    Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDJbqws3MY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

If you just post in AH, yeah, some of the threads become repetitive. But the news topics keep it interesting. And YLYL!

Try a different section - I frequent the rugby section as I'm interested in rugby and find the team/match/player discussions interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Hersheys wrote: »
    If you just post in AH, yeah, some of the threads become repetitive. But the news topics keep it interesting. And YLYL!

Try a different section - I frequent the rugby section as I'm interested in rugby and find the team/match/player discussions interesting.
    Yeah im banned from the soccer section for asking the liverpool fans why hillsborough families getting justice is more important to them than the stardust families . Like stardust happened in dublin . Hillsborough happened in hillsborough .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

jugger0 wrote: »
    Your kids wont be able to state their age till they are 12?
    Are you in an incestious relationship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Well boards has been around a long time. With older posters closing their accounts and new posters constantly signing up there is bound to be stuff that has already been done.

Look at the movie industry, it's very old, when was the last time something new was done?

Best to just get on with it. I have found that even the threads that have been done before to be interesting as it is usually new people that post their opinions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Take a stroll, or a cycle, start yoga classes, form a band.

Advertisement