Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most you ever saw anyone drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

seen a fella from Finland drink a 1.75 litre of vodka in about 3 hours and he was't half as bad as I thought someone would be after it! As regards an Irish person seen my firend drink 5 naggins in an hour and his lips went blue,thought were gona have to bring him to hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

The guy who sits beside me at work can drink 3 or 4 bottles of cola a day. Usually Pepsi Max or the Pepsi Zero but I can't imagine that it 's doing him much good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I once witnessed someone go from complete sobriety (he had just driven to the place) to the recovery position in 45 minutes. No exaggeration.

Absinthe is a hell of a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I know a guy who doesn't get drunk despite drinking huge amounts. It doesn't affect him at all hardly. Last night out I was sober (driving) and I witnessed him have six pints and twelve Jameson and he was about as sober as me at the end of the night. It was bizarre.

Serious drinkers (AKA alcoholics) are constantly topped up ...that's why there's no sudden change in behaviour.

Yeah I know him extremely well. He's not an alcoholic. He's been like this since he first started drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Yeah I know him extremely well. He's not an alcoholic. He's been like this since he first started drinking.

Is he one of those who walks soberly out the door before collapsing comatosed in the gutter outside?

• Advertisement

Saw one of the lads drink up around the 20 pint mark over the course of a day. I had about 16 pints or so myself but he was definitely a few ahead.

Didn't see it myself but heard it from plenty of people at work that one of the lads drank 35 pints one day that they were all on a day trip to the races, it wasn't him boasting the others kept count unknown to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

A great lad when he wasn't a moron on pish?

No no - he was a gob****e sober too. He was marginally more tolerable when drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

My friend has an almost fanatical obsession with orange soda. Now I've never seen him down a whole bottle in a particularly quick time but he definitely goes through one or two of those bad boys a day.

I can only imagine that his insides are orange and his teeth are rotten.

Is this your friend? :cool:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Is he one of those who walks soberly out the door before collapsing comatosed in the gutter outside?

No, he honestly seems to be genuinely sober. It is really bizarre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I hate these threads as some idiot always comes along and says "OMG I can't believe we live in a society where people are deemed "cool" if they can drink X amount of alcohol", etc.

I've never come across someone being praised for being able to drink lots. I'm usually embarrassed at the speed I drink at.

Thinly veiled something or other...

• Advertisement

Around 35 bottles of Stella would be around the most I've ever had. Just a waste of money tbh, all it did was shut down my stomach for a day or so. Have had 50-60 units between spirits, wine and cider a few times as well, it doesn't seem to be as bad as the beer somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

housetypeb wrote: »
    There is a good old country boy living near me that drank 35 pints of Guinness one night, a local record that has stood the test of time,33 pints drank by an ex army man being the nearest contender.
    He's about 6'2 and has a belly like a barrel and drinks 12-20 pints daily in a pub known for its heavy drinkers, He also shat himself at the counter one night and continued drinking until the smell eventually forced the bar man to ask him to go home.
    A nice sound guy who causes no trouble but who has drank his large farm and anything of value that he owns, I'm sure there's a few like him in every parish in Ireland.
    Always wondered why he didn't just buy his beer at the supermarket and save some money.

That's a really sad story.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ormus wrote: »
    A guy I know says he has often downed a whole bottle of vodka.

Is he full of $hit?

There are plenty of alcoholics out there who would drink a full bottle of spirits a day..

It is very doable.. not advisable though, I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Brother saw a lad who drank 90 cans of Budweiser over a long weekend, 30 cans of that piss a day, plenty of witnesses to the "event" as he done it in a pub that didnt have Bud on draught so he went with 500ml cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Au contraire. I bet lots of teenagers in Ireland have said something along those lines.
    When I was a teenager I never heard anybody saying it, and hung around with many heavy drinkers. In fact it would be the opposite, one guy was said to drink 10-12pints in a night in secondary school, that he "had to drink that much to get drunk" I remember discussing feeling sorry for him as it would cost him so much.

I have heard a few mates brag about how little they had to drink to get drunk after doing football training or other exercise. That's about all that would impress me. Though I have heard people slagged for being "lightweights", but still not praised for having to drink lots.
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I hate these threads as some idiot always comes along and says "OMG I can't believe we live in a society where people are deemed "cool" if they can drink X amount of alcohol", etc.
    It is one of these myths that nobody really hears. Its like these threads where some woman is called a slut and some woman goes mental saying "if a guy does it he's s a stud, if a woman does shes a slut". While in reality I have never once in my life EVER heard a man (or woman) being described as a 'stud' for sleeping around. Also more often that not if I hear the word slut offensively it is a woman calling another woman (or many times a man) a slut. Often when a man uses the word it is not offensively but rather slang for being promiscuous, it is more often women who automatically presume promiscuous is a negative term.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Brother saw a lad who drank 90 cans of Budweiser over a long weekend, 30 cans of that piss a day, plenty of witnesses to the "event" as he done it in a pub that didnt have Bud on draught so he went with 500ml cans.
    I have a friend who regularly puts the load down between Friday and Monday morning without a bother on him.

rubadub wrote: »
    When I was a teenager I never heard anybody saying it, and hung around with many heavy drinkers. In fact it would be the opposite, one guy was said to drink 10-12pints in a night in secondary school, that he "had to drink that much to get drunk" I remember discussing feeling sorry for him as it would cost him so much.

I have heard a few mates brag about how little they had to drink to get drunk after doing football training or other exercise. That's about all that would impress me. Though I have heard people slagged for being "lightweights", but still not praised for having to drink lots.

I think plenty of people say how much they drink but they don't necessarily mean to be bragging as such. Like last sunday I was up in dub for the hurling final and I'd about 10 pints throughout the day. I honestly felt like I'd drank nothing and said it to one of the lads, people do mention it like that.

We would often recount how much we had after a night out too just laughing about it and then getting depressed about how much we spent. I'm mid 20's by the way so no teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Au contraire. I bet lots of teenagers in Ireland have said something along those lines.

I don't know about this but I've definitely seen people trying to out do each other which I think has an element of what you're talking about to it.
    cloptrop wrote: »
    I think drinking until you cant walk is a teenager and culchie thing . In Dublin its frowned upon once you turn about 16 and dont look cute barking **** at buses.
    Ah theres drunk and pushing the limits of your health and the average health limit pusher in dublin would be ashamed of pissing himself . In country towns its ammunition for bigging yourself up.

We're all going to the beers on the 6th sure we can look for ourselves. Although I'm pretty certain you're talking out your arse.

A friend of mine saw a guy drink a bottle of Bombay Sapphire in one. The guy was unconscious almost immediately and started puking a little after that. That's just the reality of drinking like that. I drank a bottle of cheap vodka in a half hour for a bet once with similar results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

I was in a bar in Spain and had three absinthes. While I was ordering my fourth, the barman said if I could drink five then I could have all my drinks on the house the next time I came in. I thought this was nothing, five drinks, but I couldn't remember more than a minute or two of the rest of the night after that. The person I was with told me I had managed to drink 5, and to go back and claim my free drinks, but I wasn't able to find the bar again for ages, and when I finally did, I found the sight of it freaked me out and I didn't want to go near the place.

This was French absinthe that you mix with water and melted sugar cubes, not the Eastern European stuff. I don't know what is in that stuff, as five shots of any other spirit would have just been a mild warm up for me at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Ah theres drunk and pushing the limits of your health and the average health limit pusher in dublin would be ashamed of pissing himself . In country towns its ammunition for bigging yourself up.

Ah but also there are trolls and idiot trolls, the average troll would be ashamed of themselves for having such stupid childish trolling comments that nobody falls for them. In idiot troll land its a cause for self amusement

• Advertisement

About three fiddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bruce7 wrote: »
    I was in a bar in Spain and had three absinthes. While I was ordering my fourth, the barman said if I could drink five then I could have all my drinks on the house the next time I came in. I thought this was nothing, five drinks, but I couldn't remember more than a minute or two of the rest of the night after that. The person I was with told me I had managed to drink 5, and to go back and claim my free drinks, but I wasn't able to find the bar again for ages, and when I finally did, I found the sight of it freaked me out and I didn't want to go near the place.

This was French absinthe that you mix with water and melted sugar cubes, not the Eastern European stuff. I don't know what is in that stuff, as five shots of any other spirit would have just been a mild warm up for me at the time.

Good story. Luckily you didn't cut your bloody ear off! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

juan.kerr wrote: »
    About three fiddy?

The most you saw someone drink was one pint ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

A friends dad, is a big guy, he drinks more than a liter of vodka every day.

He had a bit of a health problem, he went to the hospital and was told not to stop drinking the vodka as it would probably kill him if he stopped :eek: Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    A friends dad, is a big guy, he drinks more than a liter of vodka every day.

He had a bit of a health problem, he went to the hospital and was told not to stop drinking the vodka as it would probably kill him if he stopped :eek: Madness.

Do you think someone on the medical card would be able to get the drink for free if that was the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    A friends dad drinks more than a liter of vodka every day.

He had a bit of a health problem...
    was it his raging alcoholism?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

was it his raging alcoholism?

HAHA should have said non drink related :D

The most you saw someone drink was one pint ? :eek:

No, 350 pints. Horse of a man, **** trotting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

If doing a long session (lets say 10 hrs), drinking a bottle of spirits or 16 pints of normal strength beer or 3 bottles of wine is no big deal to an experienced drinker.
    The most important thing is pacing yourself and knowing your limits.

Cheers!:D

• Advertisement

Spread wrote: »
    If doing a long session (lets say 10 hrs), drinking a bottle of spirits or 16 pints of normal strength beer or 3 bottles of wine is no big deal to an experienced drinker.
    The most important thing is pacing yourself and knowing your limits.

Cheers!:D

Aye that's just a waste of money to me though. I've learned the "right" way of what to drink in what order to get a buzz, I haven't the money to be drinking 12-15 cans just to get a buzz starting followed by feeling like an overfilled balloon.

Advertisement