Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most you ever saw anyone drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

jugger0 wrote: »
    I saw a guy drink his own dog once.

He must of felt WOOF after that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭enricoh

went on hollyers with a lad who i reckon skutched a bottle a vodka a day and then drank the same as us when we went out prob 10 longnecks, it didnt strike me as anything to aspire to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

cloptrop wrote: »
    Ah theres drunk and pushing the limits of your health and the average health limit pusher in dublin would be ashamed of pissing himself . In country towns its ammunition for bigging yourself up.

Pissing yourself is something culchies are proud of?

Ah seriously, if you wanna troll, be subtle and some people will fall for it.

xzanti wrote: »
    There are plenty of alcoholics out there who would drink a full bottle of spirits a day..

It is very doable.. not advisable though, I would imagine.

I should probably have emphasised the word DOWN.

Major difference.

Drinking a bottle in a day is a lot but it's not remarkable.

Downing a bottle in one go is freakish.

Brother saw a lad who drank 90 cans of Budweiser over a long weekend, 30 cans of that piss a day, plenty of witnesses to the "event" as he done it in a pub that didnt have Bud on draught so he went with 500ml cans.

If true, that is amazing. And kinda sick.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    When I was a teenager I never heard anybody saying it, and hung around with many heavy drinkers. In fact it would be the opposite, one guy was said to drink 10-12pints in a night in secondary school, that he "had to drink that much to get drunk" I remember discussing feeling sorry for him as it would cost him so much.

I have heard a few mates brag about how little they had to drink to get drunk after doing football training or other exercise. That's about all that would impress me. Though I have heard people slagged for being "lightweights", but still not praised for having to drink lots.

That's pretty surprising, when I was a teenager, heavy drinking was supposedly a sign of manliness. Pathetic I know, but thats the way it was.

And to this day I have still never heard an Irish man seriously bragging about being a lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Ormus wrote: »
    If true, that is amazing. And kinda sick.

Its true Ormus, he was a big Canadian fella over in Ireland for one of the long weekends in the summer a couple of years ago, how did he stick that much Budweiser? The hangover in a can!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 eliot756

A guy I know says he has often downed a whole bottle of vodka.

Is he full of $hit?

yes because you will die from 1 lire of vokda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

eliot756 wrote: »
    A guy I know says he has often downed a whole bottle of vodka.

Is he full of $hit?

No you won't, absolute nonsense.

eliot756 wrote: »

A standard bottle is 75cl.

• Advertisement

Ormos you like this topic eh?

Thanking anyone that posts about puking their ring up, pissing and ****ting themselves and almost drinking themselves to death.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I used to drink a 2l of cola and 700ml of bacardi before going out years ago regularly...not big or clever, would drink long necks then in the venue...But can deffo say that downing a bottle is going to knock you for 6 (hrs in a hospital!)..

Anyway its not big and its not clever...I had a high tolerance..but doesnt help on the aul cv...

I remember being sore about it in college that a guy beat me as best drinker...but he was one of those people who would be lying on the ground unable to move but still asking for more....

So I reckon that shouldn't count so I win! :P

Ormos you like this topic eh?

Thanking anyone that posts about puking their ring up, pissing and ****ting themselves and almost drinking themselves to death.:pac:

Nah I haven't thanked most of them, only if it's a particularly good or funny story.

Nobody has died in the making of this thread Mickey.

Nah I haven't thanked most of them, only if it's a particularly good or funny story.

Nobody has died in the making of this thread Mickey.

It's early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Remember a bloke I used to work with would put away 15 pints on a 'normal' night out over the space of five hours. He'd start on Guinness then move over to Smithwiths after 10 pints. No idea how he did it as he was rarely sloppy drunk and always pretty mellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Duff McKagan from Guns n Roses apparently drank 10 bottles of wine a day.

His pancreas burst.

He is currently mongojously fckd.

http://www.maxim.com/music/guns-n-roses-nearly-killed-duff-mckagan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

My friend has an almost fanatical obsession with orange soda. Now I've never seen him down a whole bottle in a particularly quick time but he definitely goes through one or two of those bad boys a day.

I can only imagine that his insides are orange and his teeth are rotten.
    His name wouldn't happen to be Kenan by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

My aunt downed a bottle of vodka many moons ago as a teenager...ended up in hospital with the inside of her esophagus burned to the point she couldn't eat..

I know a few guys who polish off a bottle of Jameson with a 500ml bottle of coke in the space of an hour or so n be grand ( well ****ed drunk but grand otherwise)

I've often drank a bottle of Captain Morgan but mixed with 2 parts coke i part Morgan over the space of a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

His name wouldn't happen to be Kenan by any chance?

Kel... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Remember a bloke I used to work with would put away 15 pints on a 'normal' night out over the space of five hours. He'd start on Guinness then move over to Smithwiths after 10 pints. No idea how he did it as he was rarely sloppy drunk and always pretty mellow.

Having a big engine as my father would say. Pints can be consumed easily if have the knack. Have you ever heard of Oliver Reed and his legendary consumption of 115 pints over 2 days on the island of Jersey during his stag do? In a documentary about the man, they interviewed the barman and he said that the late Richard Harris payed him 20 pounds on the Saturday morning to keep track of the amount of pints Ollie put away until Sunday night/Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Southern Comfort did bad things to me abroad during last summer.
    One minute I'm at the hotel bar polishing it off straight from a tea cup:confused: next minute it's six hours later, I've lost all my friends, I've no clothes on and I'm in the middle of walking to nowhere.

Funny, yet quite scary not having an iota of what happened for the past six hours.

The video of me naked in front of 50 people being doused in drink at the strip while hopping about to a DMX song says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

telecaster wrote: »
    Duff McKagan from Guns n Roses apparently drank 10 bottles of wine a day.

His pancreas burst.

He is currently mongojously fckd.

http://www.maxim.com/music/guns-n-roses-nearly-killed-duff-mckagan

Reading through the thread thinking "ah no not another fecking drinking brag" and then you posted that:eek:

Great link and brilliant article!

Just goes to show you can learn things from boards............

Who'd have thunk THAT was "Duffman"... Oh Yeah:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I once watched Andre the Giant down 114 pints in Reardons in Cork. True story.

token101 wrote: »

Andre was known for heavy consumption, some of the wrestlers who traveled with him have great stories. His favourite past time was to buy a slab of beer before the WWF couch departed from a city and then throw his empty cans at Hulk Hogan during the journey. :pac:

Andre was known for heavy consumption, some of the wrestlers who traveled with him have great stories. His favourite past time was to buy a slab of beer before the WWF couch departed from a city and then throw his empty cans at Hulk Hogan during the journey. :pac:

Is that true about Andre the giant?
    Would never have thought it!

Smidge wrote: »
    Is that true about Andre the giant?
    Would never have thought it!

Look it up, the man is nearly more famous for drinking than wrestling.

Look it up, the man is nearly more famous for drinking than wrestling.

Have just done that!

Holy Gickballs, thats some amount of gargle:eek:

token101 wrote: »

How long did that take him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Smidge wrote: »
    Reading through the thread thinking "ah no not another fecking drinking brag" and then you posted that:eek:

Great link and brilliant article!

Just goes to show you can learn things from boards............

Who'd have thunk THAT was "Duffman"... Oh Yeah:pac:

Only a supreme amount of alcohol and drugs can excuse this......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Absinth is the devils drink, we dropped some on an inflatable bed in oxegen one year and it burned a hole in it. Imagine what it does to your stomach!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

Advertisement