Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old hotel cornagower brittas bay

• 03-10-2012 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

does anyone know the name and any history of what i take to be the old hotel at cornagower near the main brittas bay car park?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

I don't think it was ever a hotel, I think it might have been a disco and restaurant in the 60's or 70's. I think it was called the country club or something like that. I might be wrong, I've only ever known it as derelict.

I think the guy who owns the pavilion across the road from it owns it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Thank you...Looks pretty substantial, we were inside it over 10 years ago doing whats now abandoned ireland....always wondered a bit of history of it but never found anything

I think it had showbands play there when they were on the go. The guy who owns it now has owned it since it was in use I believe. I only know of him really but if your still interested in the history of the place I'll try get his contact details for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Is it Rockfield you are talking about?

I wasn't talking about Rockfield anyway, the place I was talking about is just up from Cornagower near the main car park.

Rockfield wouldn't be near Cornagower that I consider any, but it is a derelict hotel so you might be right.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that swedex....dont need contact details just general nosiness....

Thanks francOG....always wondered what the history was, when we were in there in around 2000, main house was still in good nick, abandoned but with a bed folded back like someone just hopped out, and a 10 yr old calender on the wall, the bar in the extension was a state though....

Explored rockfield as well years ago when it was in a pretty good state...check out abondoned ireland website to see it now.

Does anyone know why this and the pavillion have been let slide for so long....brittas is dead in winter but a busy place in summer...

I know development was started at 'maguires' but surely the pavillion is / was prime enough land??

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Old thread I know but I thought it worth saying, I'm typing this from kellys in rosslare. If kellys can be a success then there's no reason a hotel in brittas couldn't.

And theres two lying derelict in the area; if your curious rockfield is on the abandoned ireland website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

And theres two lying derelict in the area; if your curious rockfield is on the abandoned ireland website

abandonedireland.com ? Doesn't appear to be :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

How has this place not been developed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement