Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo To Walk Fundraiser

Options
  • 03-10-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post this up here for Zulu Tattoo.

Myia is 7 years old. She is a happy, smiley little girl who loves colouring, barbies and reading favorite books. Myia is in the school now doing well. When Myia was 2 years old she was told she has Cerebral Palsy. Because of this she cannot walk unaided, without falling over. We are Fundraising for an operation on h er spine which will fix her legs and take away the tightness and the pain. The operation is called a Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR) This operation is done in America or Bristol and will cost her family €50,000

In order to help Myia's family raise money for this operation, Sean Venter will attempt to break the World Record for Longest Tattoo session on multiple people. This endurance attempt will be a sponsored event in order to raise the money needed.

This will be a three day event in Zulu Tattoo with many things going on in order to raise money for Myia's operation. All are welcome to come down and donate time or money in order to help out with the event.

Facebook Page

There's also going to be a gig on the Friday after (9th)
    Gig Info

387511_352569808170040_1984275670_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cheers for that, I saw the poster and was wondering what it was all about as the poster didnt give much info. Any idea what will be taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'll get the info from the guys in Zulu when they have a schedule. I know they plan on having artists in doing set pieces in the shop. They are coming from different studios around town. Also, they will do raffles of some description, lots of people have already been in touch to generously donate. There's an "after show" type party being setup with an entrance fee on the door. Also, there's a gig in the Gypsy Rose on Friday the 9th of November to help raise more.

I'll add details as I get them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Excellent idea! I've seen the Gypsy Rose event floatin' about on FB, hopefully that'll raise a few quid on the night.

Hopefully! The more the better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Saw this on Facebook the other day.

I'll pop into Zulu and see if I can do anything to help out or donate or whatever. Sean is an absolute gent. I'll also be at the gig in the Gypo. :)

• Advertisement

UPDATE - It turns out the record was broken on the 21st of October this year. Yes, 2 weeks before our attempt. The new record stands at 48 hours and 2 minutes. This means Sean will need some more volunteers to take part in the attempt.

If you are interested in taking part please call into the studio today if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Can I ask exactly how you take part?

I give a donation and volunteer to be tattooed or?

Sorry for the stupid question..

No such thing as a stupid question pal.. You can donate, you can get tattooed (you pay normal rates for tattoos, the difference this time is all the money made is donated to the fund for Myia), they are also looking for time keepers for the event. Call into the shop or give them a call if you think you can help.

There's a live feed here to watch for anyone interested.

Linkage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That stream is cool. Hope he makes it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bumping this, as it happens on Friday. Rumour has it that he;ll need to increase it from 35 hours to 48 hours, as someone bet the current 35 hour record two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

the_syco wrote: »
    Bumping this, as it happens on Friday. Rumour has it that he;ll need to increase it from 35 hours to 48 hours, as someone bet the current 35 hour record two weeks ago.

:confused: he already tried and after a valiant effort they didnt manage to break the world record, are they trying again or something?

:confused: he already tried and after a valiant effort they didnt manage to break the world record, are they trying again or something?
    Aye, on Friday; https://www.facebook.com/events/297988583641103/

the_syco wrote: »

Sean has no plan to retry this on Friday lads. Never know about the future, but not Friday that's for sure.

Sean has no plan to retry this on Friday lads. Never know about the future, but not Friday that's for sure.
    I think the event I linked to is another person. My bad. I searched for similar threads, and this came up; thought it was one of the same. Will make a new thread.

Advertisement