Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop build

Options
  • 03-10-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Could someone please spec a build that would be solely for Photoshop. Would things like an SSD and 16gb/32gb of ram make a huge difference. Budget is what ever you think as I am looking for the best dedicated Photoshop system possible.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Depends on how serious the photoshopping is. 32GB is quite extreme - even 16GB is extreme enough but for professional level work where you're dealing with HUUUUGE, complex images and need everything open at once, then maybe not. I wouldn't bother with a graphics card but plenty of CPU power - a 3570K overclocked would be handy. Photoshop doesn't need loads of power, but again it's the type of work that you're doing and small waits can impede work.
    Yeah, an SSD would be handy as photoshop takes a while to open but it should be sufficient to use a 64GB drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I would have thought monitor quality would be more important? No?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

He probably has a decent one already Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

You need an OK graphics card for the 3D features in CS5/6.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

airmax87 wrote: »
    You need an OK graphics card for the 3D features in CS5/6.

Nah the integrated graphics in the i5 would be more than enough for 3d in photoshop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement