Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get good deals on runners

• 03-10-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I need a refresh for my runners. It can't wait until the Arnotts christmas sale. I normally stock up there. I'm looking for Asics cumulus or Nimbus. Nike lunerglide are an option too.
    Can anyone recommend a shop, online or bricks and mortar that do these at a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

I got two pairs of runners on startfitness website, asics 50 sterling, plus postage and packaging, they were asics 2160's (current is 2170)
    very good website, you get free pair of socks, they do weekend deals and holiday deals aswell. :D keep checking website every other week for deals to come up

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Willie_Power

I've got a few bits on MandMdirect online, visit from time to time and some good bargins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Hi there. Don't want to start a new topic but I'm looking to start doing a bit of jogging and have been looking online the last few days for shoes. I obviously don't want to spend a fortune starting off so I've been looking on sportsdirect.com and sportshoes.com.

Can anyone recommend the Everlast or Karrimor brands or should I pay a bit extra for a brand I've heard of before such as Mizuno or Asics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

StaggerLee wrote: »
    I need a refresh for my runners. It can't wait until the Arnotts christmas sale. I normally stock up there. I'm looking for Asics cumulus or Nimbus. Nike lunerglide are an option too.
    Can anyone recommend a shop, online or bricks and mortar that do these at a reasonable price?
    I've just had my 3rd pair of Lunarglide 3's delivered from wiggle- €76 all in.Ordered on the tuesday,had them monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Asics cumulus 13 are 87 euro in asics Kildare village retail outlet. Nimbus are 115 euro. I got gt2160 last week for 80 euro, second pair in past year I have got there seem to be good value compared to sports shops high street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

[ It can't wait until the Arnotts christmas sale. I normally stock up there.

Arnotts don't do their half price sale on asics anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

try runireland got my asics 1170 for €78.50 as there is 25% off all runners me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Thanks for the replies. Thats right, Arnotts dont do the sale, I forgot thats why I've run out I didnt get any last december. I thought the asics store in kildare village would be cheaper, I'd probably spend the difference on petrol and tolls getting there. Might go for the lunarglides from wiggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Arnotts/Elverys should be running their marathon 26.2% sale pretty soon, they have done it for the past few years

also lifestyle are getting better for running shoes over the last 12 months, they have a few bargains there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/asics-gel-excel-33-shoes/

Got those in the end, had a run in them already, like them a lot, they are butt ugly though.

Will keep an eye out for the sales in arnotts and elverys

• Advertisement
Advertisement