Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Borussia Dortmund

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What a clown Mancini is.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Leiva wrote: »
    In fairness though lads should be 3 - 1 at least to Dortmund. Only themselves to blame.

Yea and No.

They just came up against Joe Hart who has played the game of his career to date ..absolutely outstanding.

Oh absolutely he's made some outstanding saves. But still think there was two chances that should have been scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dordmund so unlucky not to have deservedly won that. Shocking decision by the ref to award the peno.

But what a performance from them. Can't wait for Dordmund Vs Real Madrid. They should be the two teams to qualify from this group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Joe Hart 1 Dortmund 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm gonna request a 'please explain' on this one

It's called 'Heat of the moment' ;)

The draw feels like a loss to me, tbh :(

Still proud of Borussia's performance, and I'm sure, City will get a warm welcome in the Westfalenstadion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Renn wrote: »
    I was going to request one from you for the 'we' part earlier.

Ah that old original chestnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Dortmund the best team i've seen this season and Joe Hart, unbelievable performance but can't say i'm surprised, he's top class and proving it every week. City didn't turn up but then you could argue Dortmund were just to good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

:eek:

We'll miss

Balo is the biggest cert from the pen spot in world football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Dortmund play some sexy football, deserved to get 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

what price are Dortmund ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think City will get 6 points from Ajax so a win against either Madrid at home or Dortmund away should see them through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

First time watching Dortmund this season-wow, they are fantastic to watch. Great game

what price are Dortmund ?

13/5 for a win, 12/5 for the draw...or do you mean the home match?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Dortmund so unlucky.

Deserved the 3 points.

Referees really need to read up on what constitutes a handball.

City gifted a serious lifeline in the Champions League. It would have been very difficult for them to come back from 0 points after 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Lars1916 wrote: »
    13/5 for a win, 12/5 for the draw...or do you mean the home match?

to go all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Combine the salaries of Reus, Götze & Lewandowski and it's still less than Tevez earned to sit on the bench tonight.

Fair play Dortmund, deserved more than a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Robbery. Plain and simple. But Dortmund didn't take their chances, Lewandowski's miss could have them playing on thursday nights next year. Massive point. Massive. Never have i seen City get rings ran around them at home like that since the arabs took over and they pulled a draw out of their holes, the lucky feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Rekop dog wrote: »
    :eek:

We'll miss

Balo is the biggest cert from the pen spot in world football.

He sure is never missed one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rte doing a segment on dortmunds play titled class Dortmund play, this is why I watch my football on rte :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Dortmund ripped off tonight. Fantastic team. Should have scored five (although City had a couple of clear cut chances too).

No way that penalty would have been awarded in Germany.

Mancini: great player; rubbish manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Vanbis wrote: »
    Dortmund the best team i've seen this season and Joe Hart, unbelievable performance but can't say i'm surprised, he's top class and proving it every week. City didn't turn up but then you could argue Dortmund were just to good.

Really? Have you watched him this season apart from tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well done to Joe Hart for keeping City in it tonight.

The guy is unreal.

Joke of a decision by the ref for the peno.

They wont win a thing in Europe as long as Mancini is still in charge.

Jose will sort that out next season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Thanks to Joe Hart city can count themselves lucky to be still in the thing Dortmund deserved more they were great very entertaining game overall, with a double header to come against Ajax arguably the weakest team in the group they have an opportunity to drag themselves out of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What's Balotelli up to here? :D

134929655363203s9p.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

The ref should apply for a job with the GAA after he's through with football. They love a guy who can ensure a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

The keeper was getting in his face while he was waiting to take the peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

While Hart played well, the Dortmund finishing when they got one on one was awful. They never seemed to be trying to hit the corners of the goal, rather they were content with blasting it. The vast majority of their shots were straight at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Gundogan & Gotze were superb tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What's Balotelli up to here? :D

134929655363203s9p.gif

The keeper said something to him before the peno. Super Mario is super.

We were awful tonight though.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    The keeper said something to him before the peno. Super Mario is super.

We were awful tonight though.

So what? Those mindgames are normal for every goalkeeper. A response, close to an insult, is a different story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Dortmund probably would have taken a draw before the match, like how Klopp just calmly shook the refs hands after the game without arguing, he'll know it was their poor finishing that really cost them the game! They'll need to improve in this aspect and Lewandowski will have to get back to his scoring rate of last season if they're to have any ambitions of challenging, but it was their best performance in the CL under Klopp, clear signs of progress from a showing experience pov!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

to go all the way

28/1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

So what? Those mindgames are normal for every goalkeeper. A response, close to an insult, is a different story

What insult?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Since 2008:

Man City Net Spend: €559 million
    Borussia Dortmund Net Spend: €7.8 million

and Dortmund should have won that by two or three clear goals, away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Are you seriously saying that a player shouldn't respond in kind to someone getting in their face, even if it's not even an insult? But it's ok for a goalkeeper? If so, I think that's absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Not many goalkeepers walk up to a player and whisper in their ear, he was well in his rights to respond the way he did after scoring.

That gesture, Balotelli did with his hand, means something like 'Blah Blah', in some parts of Germany it is seen as a clear insult.

But if Weidenfeller insulted him verbally, I take everything back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

That gesture, Balotelli did with his hand, means something like 'Blah Blah', in some parts of Germany it is seen as a clear insult.

But if Weidenfeller insulted him verbally, I take everything back

Before the peno the keeper had a word in his ear. Mind games.

After winning the battle Balo was well within his rights to make some sort of gesture. The keeper tried to get to him and it didnt work.

Nothing in it imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

So nothing. A poster asked why, I told him why.

Insult? Seriously? And he wasn't in parts of Germany, he was in Manchester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Before the peno the keeper had a word in his ear. Mind games.

After winning the battle Balo was well within his rights to make some sort of gesture. The keeper tried to get to him and it didnt work.

Nothing in it imo

Tbf, considering very few of us are German here, if that's considered an insult in Germany, it'd be pretty bad for Balotelli to do it. For example, if Balotelli stuck up his middle finger or make the w@nker gesture, I doubt anyone here would say he was right to make that gesture.

Although, tbf, just looking at the gesture he made, I have no real problem with it.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    So nothing. A poster asked why, I told him why.

Insult? Seriously? And he wasn't in parts of Germany, he was in Manchester.

But I don't think, I am from Manchester. I am German, and to some Germans it is an insult. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Poor old Tony being made to look silly by RTE, forcing him to press an imaginery button on the screen to get the video clip to play, when we all know that it is being tee'd up by a guy behind the scenes.

Stop trying to be trendy like $ky. We like you more because you are old fashioned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I don't expect Mario knew that was a rude gesture in parts of Germany, I certainly didn't. And I definitely don't think he meant anything other than "blah blah blah".

If Weidenfeller was offended by that, well God love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

But I don't think, I am from Manchester. I am German, and to some Germans it is an insult. Seriously.

What does it mean to some Germans? :confused:

Renn wrote: »
    What does it mean to some Germans? :confused:

It's something like 'shut up', but in a rude sense, used by what you call in this country 'knackers'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No problem at all with Ballotelli making the gesture. If the keeper wants to get all precious then don't act the bollix yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf, considering very few of us are German here, if that's considered an insult in Germany, it'd be pretty bad for Balotelli to do it. For example, if Balotelli stuck up his middle finger or make the w@nker gesture, I doubt anyone here would say he was right to make that gesture.

Although, tbf, just looking at the gesture he made, I have no real problem with it.

to me it looked like he was doing a gesture you make when someone has been mouthy to you. you mimmic it by making the hand gesture of a mouth opening and closing, like he did in this instance. i think this is a case of people looking for something that isnt there. keeper tried to get under his skin, didnt work and Balotelli is well within his rights to give back the stick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

yapyap.gif
    i suppose somebody could be offended by it in any country of the world, if they were so sensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

It's something like 'shut up', but in a rude sense, used by what you call in this country 'knackers'.

Well then he should be hung, drawn and quartered for that!!!!
    Look if you are gonna dish it out, you have to be able to take it.
    And I am a United fan for the record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wonder where Mario learned it from...

i44JiJK4Qk6ER.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement