Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing my 6 month ban from football forum

Options
  • 03-10-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

My account was hacked by my housemates who trolled the Man Utd forum posting pics and just annoying people. I got home to find out I had a six month ban which later turned into a life ban

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I mentioned in the post I made in your original thread last night, with a 6 month ban in the soccer forum, the deal is your re-apply after 6 months and if you are considered "fit" to regain access, you can then be re-admitted under special probationary conditions. Hence your "6 month ban" has not turned into a permanent one. It was issued as permanent and will be reviewed on request to be re-admitted to the forum in 6 months

You advised in that thread that you have discussed the ban with the mod. I presume all the posts in that dsipute thread were made by yourself and not your housemates?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Beasty wrote: »
    As I mentioned in the post I made in your original thread last night, with a 6 month ban in the soccer forum, the deal is your re-apply after 6 months and if you are considered "fit" to regain access, you can then be re-admitted under special probationary conditions. Hence your "6 month ban" has not turned into a permanent one. It was issued as permanent and will be reviewed on request to be re-admitted to the forum in 6 months

You advised in that thread that you have discussed the ban with the mod. I presume all the posts in that dsipute thread were made by yourself and not your housemates?
    Yes everything besides what was posted on the Man Utd forum was me

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

From your opening post in that thread
    I have just received a 6 month ban for posting a pic. All in good fun. I just think 6 months is way too harsh

It was only your third post that you mentioned your account was "hacked into" by your "housemates"

You mentioned in the Man U thread:
    Well before I end up getting banned again ( I only just got back) I have to leave you lot with something to remember me by

All the evidence I can see points to it being you that trolled the Man U thread last night. Regardless of that, you are responsible for anything that gets posted in your name. Even if you did leave your computer logged onto Boards, what then got posted is entirely your responsibility

You have made 42 posts in the soccer forum (plus many more the mods have had to delete). You have constantly trolled Man Utd threads. You were banned previously on the back of posting exactly the same NSFW picture that you posted last night. You have now breached the threshold when a 6 month ban kicks in with 2 red and 3 yellow cards being issued within a period of 3 weeks (during 2 of which you were serving a previous ban).

TBH, you are far too much trouble for the local mods to have to deal with and I will not be recommending allowing you back onto the forum in 6 months time based on what I've seen in the short time you have been posting there.

Ban upheld

You may, of course, ask for an Admin to review this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I don't believe the claim that the account was "hacked" based on this statement:
    Sully34 wrote: »
    I have just received a 6 month ban for posting a pic. All in good fun.

Even if your housemate did post under your account, the responsibility is on you to keep your account secure; otherwise everyone and their dog would claim they didn't actually post whatever got them into trouble.

Issue reviewed, ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement