Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit

Options
  • 03-10-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have my mortgage and current accounts with BOI.

I mistakenly thought that my mortgage direct debit was due out tomorrow, but have discovered that it was presented for payment today. My account had insufficient funds to meet the direct debit (i get paid tonight) so it was returned unpaid.

What do I do now? Do I go and manually make a payment to my mortgage account or when will the direct debit be re-presented for payment?

Will this reflect badly onu credit rating? I've never in my life had a missed payment before and I'm fretting no end.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi E. Fudd.

Thanks for your query.

When a direct debit payment to your mortgage account is returned unpaid, we will automatically represent to your account 5 working days later. If a manual payment is made in the interim, the representation will still be requested on your account.
    Should the represented direct debit also return unpaid, a manual payment will then be required to cover the monthly repayment due.

To discuss the credit rating on your account, please contact our Customer Relationship Unit on 01 6113333 where a representative will be happy to look into this matter further for you.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Advertisement