Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An alternative to Clarins Instant Blush

• 03-10-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have been using Clarins Instant blush for the last couple of years.
    http://beaut.ie/blog/2010/c-ch-changes-clarins-instant-blush-magic-colour-in-rose-frais/
    I quite like the product and like the fact that it changes colour to suit your skin tone and it’s also foolproof to use, but I wouldn’t be keen on the sticky feel of it, I find my hair sticks to it and it doesn’t last very long.

So I am looking for something similar, a cream or a gel blush. I would need something easy to use, as I’m not very skilled with blusher. I also want a subtle look rather than the ‘Aunt Sally’ look! I have heard that Smashbox have a similar product, anyone used that? Or have another suggestion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I haven't used either but I know about the Smashbox one but if you're looking for something non sticky then why not try the Stila custom colour powder blush? I use Benetint from Benefit and I love it-lasts ages and doesn't stick but gives that natural flush! You have to blend quickly though and less is more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

CBFi wrote: »
    I haven't used either but I know about the Smashbox one but if you're looking for something non sticky then why not try the Stila custom colour powder blush? I use Benetint from Benefit and I love it-lasts ages and doesn't stick but gives that natural flush! You have to blend quickly though and less is more!
    Thanks for the reply CBFi, I should have mentioned that I have used Benetint in the past and while I felt it gave good colour, I just found that it was too easy to make mistakes with it, I liked the consistency of the Clarins gel as it was easy to work with. The Stila one looks nice, but I was hoping to avoid a powder as I find it can sink into wrinkles :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I have a top shop cream blusher and I love it, when you apply it with a brush it gives a really nice, subtle effect. Not too pricey either, I paid about 10€ for it I think!

Advertisement