Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squat rack in Clonmel (Co.Tipperary)?

• 03-10-2012 2:02pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last time I was in Clonmel about 3 years ago I couldn't find anywhere with a squat rack. Where can I find one in Clonmel or the general vicinity?

This is what I found a few years ago...
    • Hotel Minella gym - no squat rack
    • Clonmel Park hotel - had smith machine, no squat rack

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

None in Clonmel afaik. Duneske in Cahir has one, about 10-15 min drive from Clonmel..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

bump - anyone else?

Thanks nobbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Thud

clonmel have a rugby club might be worth asking them

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

The Forge Kettlebell and Crossfit Gym are also in Clonmel. I don't Know for definite if they have one but it is a possibility. Other than that Duneske out in Cahir have one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I didn't know there was a crossfit gym in Clonmel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Hanley wrote: »
    I didn't know there was a crossfit gym in Clonmel!

Kettlebell and crossfit club, although Idoubt its a registered affiliate to be honest, I could be wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgeKettlebellandCrossfitGym?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_

Kettlebell and crossfit club, although Idoubt its a registered affiliate to be honest, I could be wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgeKettlebellandCrossfitGym?ref=ts&fref=ts

quite biazarelly i can't find any pictures of squat racks in their photos. although they have bumper plates and people doing snatches. the seem to have some scafollding put up with pull up bars etc. but no evidence of an actually squat rack of any description

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Well I don't know the place myself just know of it, at a guess i'll assume they use squat stands or else have hooks on the railings somewhere to hold bars, as I said i'm only guessing though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_

don't see any 'squat stands'

i wonder if they do squating in that gym or is it just kettle bells and snatches

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mr Woodcraft

Only squat stands there at the minute, Squat racks are to come soon as far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Stephenwjdaly

Hi, the forge have a good few squat racks now and to the best of my knowledge are affiliated now also, they are mainly crossfit orientated as of recently..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

Razors gym in Carrick on Suir has a squat rack, 15 minute drive tho.

Advertisement