Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banned from an all you can eat restaurant

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

I was in a chinese buffet place in France once where the menu said there was a €5 charge for unfinished plates. Great idea I thought, until I took a big plate of "chicken skewers"...except they weren't, they were frogs legs. They looked really similar though. It was kind of like greasy chicken so wasn't too bad, better than paying €5 to not eat them anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Fat people go mad for this ****. Two fat people I know had a contest to see who could eat more because they thought it was a sign of manliness.

Fat people disgust me.

Well, those two should, but why fat people in general?

People love to moan about the Daily Mail, as much as they love chocolate.

In fairness, the Daily Mail is an awful rag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

In fairness, the Daily Mail is an awful rag.

All tabloids are rags, DM is no different.

Would safely say, more threads are started on AH with DM links, than any other newspaper, yet it's frowned upon like no other also.

All tabloids are rags, DM is no different.

Would safely say, more threads are started on AH with DM links, than any other newspaper, yet it's frowned upon like no other also.

Yes, all tabloids are rags.

TPD wrote: »
    The article doesn't mention if it was 5 bowls each or 5 between them - I'd say I could still be hungry after 2.5 (reportedly quite small) bowls of stir fry, if the case is that it was between them.
    Fair bit of pigging out, but that is exactly the type of diner attracted by an all you can eat restaurant.

That's the thing, how high were they piling their bowls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Damn Mongolians

One of the comments on the page sums it up
    If you run a trough, you can't complain when a pig turns up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The food in all-you-can-eat places is usually terrible. Gloopy congealed sauces laden with MSG and sugar to mask the lack of taste from the cheap meat and vegetables used. False economy as well. All-you-can-eat rarely means good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Thinly veiled "Yo momma's so fat.." joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If the place is anything like the Mongolian Barbecue just off of Dame Street in Dublin, I'd be in complete shock if they could eat more than one bowl. I can't even finish one bowl in that place and I'm not skinny!

To be honest, it sounds like the manager didn't have much of a problem with them eating all they liked, as he allowed it for 2 years. If somebody was pushing customers/diners out of the way in order to race to get more food, I'd sure as hell kick them out, too.

Advertisement