Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time build..help please :-)

Options
  • 03-10-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

First time build here. Main reason is for Music production but will be using it for college work aswell. Currently been using ableton on my laptop which was 32 bit and 4gb RAM. Would like something as powerful, but preferably more powerful than that. Anyone into home music production, yere input would be appreciated. Only started over the summer so im not that savy on my requirements for home production. Ableton is doing me fine with my keyboard atm though. Thanks :D

1. What is your budget? €500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Music Production, internet microsoft office etc

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes. 64 bit?

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No. But would like to build now with option to upgrade system/build later.

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. Have 23''.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard, wireless Mouse,Wireless Card( for wifi ya?,Card Reader

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Dont know what it is so no.

8. How can you pay? Credit card, paypal

9. When are you purchasing? when im happy with the build. :-)

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? East cork.

Comments

Advertisement