Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw milk sources in Dublin

• 03-10-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

The company I used to buy my raw milk from has sadly closed down due to illness in the family. So I am looking for an alternative espalier.

Where can I get raw milk in the Dublin area?

Disclaimer: I am NOT looking for information/advice/lectures about raw milk. I have studied this subject a lot and know the risks of it.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Galbin wrote: »
    The company I used to buy my raw milk from has sadly closed down due to illness in the family. So I am looking for an alternative espalier.

Where can I get raw milk in the Dublin area?

Disclaimer: I am NOT looking for information/advice/lectures about raw milk. I have studied this subject a lot and know the risks of it.

Thank you.

Its now not legal to sell unpasturised milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

bbam wrote: »

EU over ruled that ages ago.

You could look in these places
    Avoca, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Avoca, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin
    Cavistons, Glasthule, Co. Dublin
    Co-op Food Market, Cork Street, Dublin
    Ennis Butchers, Rialto, Dublin

Evergreen, Wexford Street, Dublin

H2G, Glasnevin Market, Dublin

Lilliput Stores, Arbour Hill, Dublin
    Sheridans Cheesemongers, Dublin and Meath Shops
    The Hop Sack, Rathmines, Dublin
    The Organic Supermarket, 2c Main Street, Blackrock, Co.Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Galbin

bbam wrote: »

It's been legal for a few years now and up to two weeks ago, I was buying it from my supplier.

Orla K wrote: »

Thanks very much Orla K!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

I get mine in Sheridans in Dublin, they have 2 pickup days which are Tuesday and Friday, so order tuesday for Friday sort of thing.

They also do real good meats too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Orla K wrote: »

Any links to news articles on that Orla?
    Completely missed that it was overruled. I was only discussing it with my Food Chain Integrity lecturer yesterday and he seemed to be under the impression that it was still illegal too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Any links to news articles on that Orla?
    Completely missed that it was overruled. I was only discussing it with my Food Chain Integrity lecturer yesterday and he seemed to be under the impression that it was still illegal too!

Have a look at the raw milk Ireland website they have loads of news articles and transcripts from government stuff

xgtdec wrote: »
    I get mine in Sheridans in Dublin, they have 2 pickup days which are Tuesday and Friday, so order tuesday for Friday sort of thing.

They also do real good meats too!!

Do you have to order in advance then? Do the orders come in the morning or the evening?

Advertisement