Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which SSD?

Options
  • 03-10-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

So I have decided the next component I will buy for my PC will be an SSD. I realise that I need to do a complete overhaul i.e. CPU, mobo, RAM, but I don't have the funds for that right now but I should do in a few months. I have about €100 to spend so I am looking mostly at 128GB SSDs.

As far as I can tell, the two most recommended SSDs are the Samsung 830 or the Crucial M4. Considering there is less than a euro between them, is one of them better than the other?

Also, I have noted the there is an Intel 330 180GB for €30 more. How would this compare to the other two, considering the extra capacity of the drive?

Thanks for all the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i would go with intel. 180gb intel for 130eu - very good.

this gives me dirty ideas of replacing my 60gb OS SSD and droping one more 256gb crucial or even that intel one with a fresh windows install.... hmmm

Advertisement