Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating eMobile Service

Options
  • 03-10-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi

On 3rd September last I phoned eMobile to give 30 days notice of finishing my billpay account. I followed this up the same day with an email to confirm.

On 5th September I received an email from you stating that my notice had been received and accepted and that my account will be cancelled 30 days from my original request, which is today 3rd October.

This week I received a monthly bill which includes a min commitment charge up to 24th October next. Obviously I don't wish to pay this charge as it occurs 3 weeks after the termination of my account.

Could you please tell me what happens in this case? Do you make the charge and then refund? I would like to terminate the Direct Debit so I'd appreciate your advice.

If necessary I can PM you my account number.

Thanks
    Max Kelly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi again.

I'm just wondering if there is a reason that you haven't replied to my post here yesterday.

You seem to have replied to other posts in that time period.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

maximus02 wrote: »
    Hi again.

I'm just wondering if there is a reason that you haven't replied to my post here yesterday.

You seem to have replied to other posts in that time period.

Thanks

Hi Max,

Apologies for the delay, have sent the thread to an eMobile rep to look into. They'll be back here with a response shortly.

Regards

James

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi

On 3rd September last I phoned eMobile to give 30 days notice of finishing my billpay account. I followed this up the same day with an email to confirm.

On 5th September I received an email from you stating that my notice had been received and accepted and that my account will be cancelled 30 days from my original request, which is today 3rd October.

This week I received a monthly bill which includes a min commitment charge up to 24th October next. Obviously I don't wish to pay this charge as it occurs 3 weeks after the termination of my account.

Could you please tell me what happens in this case? Do you make the charge and then refund? I would like to terminate the Direct Debit so I'd appreciate your advice.

If necessary I can PM you my account number.

Thanks
    Max Kelly

Hi Max,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you PM your mobile number and pin I will be able investigate this for you.

Generally your final bill is for call charges upto the day your account is to be cancelled.

Once I receive your details I will check this out.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

@maximus2 - I hope you don't want your phone unlocked by eMobile. I've been trying to get them to do it now for the past six weeks.

In fact, if you do, can you let us know here how you get on please?

Tony.

PM sent. I hope to hear from you soon.

• Advertisement

WestWicklow1

I bought the phone from eMobile on 18 month contract. At the end of the contract I gave 30 days notice as required and asked for the unlock code.

A couple of days later I received an email saying that my HTC Desire smartphone was already unlocked and that HTC did not issue a lock on this handset. The email stated that if I did a full factory reset and inserted the new network's SIM, that it would work.

I was sceptical about this but I waited the 30 days and tried it out.

It worked fine. It seems the HTC phone was never locked. I don't know if this applies to other phones or even other HTC phones.

Tony.

PM sent. I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi maximus02,

I am checking for an update on this and will let you know once I get confirmation.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

Thanks Tony.

Hi maximus02,

I have responded to your PM. Let me know if you have any questions.

Tony

Tony

Thanks for your PM which states that the charges are for calls made up to 24th September.

I think you have missed the point of my query.

The bill also includes a min. commitment charge for the period 25th September to 24th October. My account terminated on 3rd October so I am not liable for charges for 3 weeks of this period.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

Max

• Advertisement

Tony

Thanks for your PM which states that the charges are for calls made up to 24th September.

I think you have missed the point of my query.

The bill also includes a min. commitment charge for the period 25th September to 24th October. My account terminated on 3rd October so I am not liable for charges for 3 weeks of this period.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

Max

Hi Max,

I have further reviewed your account. When cancelling your account you are required to give 30 days notice to cancel your account. As you ported your number off the eMobile network two days after your billing date and did not give the 30 day notice you will be liable to pay the monthly commitment from the 25th September to 24th October.

Tony

Tony. Thanks for reply.

Let me get this straight. I'm missing something here.

I gave my 30 day notice on 3rd September.

Account due to terminate on 3rd October.

I ported my number on 25th September. I wanted to make sure my service continued without break and ensure that the advice regarding unlocking which I got from Eircom worked ok. I didn't want to have to go back to Eircom with unlocking problems and miss my termination date. Having had problems with other service providers in the past I was being careful.

If you read the comment in this thread by Westwicklow1 I'm sure you'' understand.

Could you please explain to me what you mean by "did not give the 30 day notice you will be liable to pay the monthly commitment from the 25th September to 24th October."

Thanks

Tony. Thanks for reply.

Let me get this straight. I'm missing something here.

I gave my 30 day notice on 3rd September.

Account due to terminate on 3rd October.

I ported my number on 25th September. I wanted to make sure my service continued without break and ensure that the advice regarding unlocking which I got from Eircom worked ok. I didn't want to have to go back to Eircom with unlocking problems and miss my termination date. Having had problems with other service providers in the past I was being careful.

If you read the comment in this thread by Westwicklow1 I'm sure you'' understand.

Could you please explain to me what you mean by "did not give the 30 day notice you will be liable to pay the monthly commitment from the 25th September to 24th October."

Thanks

Hi Max,

My apologies I was mistaken. I have sent you a PM in regard to this.

Tony

Tony thanks for PM.

First of all I have no objection to discussing this on this public forum. PMs are not necessary.

Your PM states "As you ported your number off the network early you would be liable to pay this bill but as a goodwill gesture I will credit your account."

Just a couple of points.

Are you really saying that in order to avoid paying a further months charges that Eircom customers have to wait the full 30 days notice period and only then can they port to another provider?

It seems that any sort of issue such as problems with unlocking, delays with new provider, being unfamiliar with the processes involved could easily mean a period of having no phone service.

You also state "You may receive a bill next month advising of a credit. If you do let me know and I will be able get this refunded to you."

So I "may" receive a bill. Maybe not!

Can you say if my bank account will definitely be debited this month or not? If it is debited are you saying that I then have to let you know in order to receive a refund?

How will this refund be processed, by bank deposit or cheque and how long will this process take?

I hope you appreciate that I need to ask these questions as I have read here and in other forums about many many issues with phone and utility companies

Thanks
    Max

Tony.

So, Is that it?

No more replies to my query?

Max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Same thing happened to me OP.

I gave notice of my intention to cancel my eMobile sim only 30 day contract on 3rd July 2012, and I received confirmation of this cancellation from the eMobile Sales Support Team by email on the same date. I was using the eMobile sim only service until 27th July when I ported to Tesco Mobile.

I have since received 2 bills from eMobile for the periods 27th July - 24th August (56.67 Euro), and 25th August - 24th September (54 Euro). I understood my contract was cancelled from 2rd August 2012.

Sloppy stuff from eMobile.

I'll be expecting this to be sorted out quickly and to my satisfaction or we'll all be going to small claims court.

Tony thanks for PM.

First of all I have no objection to discussing this on this public forum. PMs are not necessary.

Your PM states "As you ported your number off the network early you would be liable to pay this bill but as a goodwill gesture I will credit your account."

Just a couple of points.

Are you really saying that in order to avoid paying a further months charges that Eircom customers have to wait the full 30 days notice period and only then can they port to another provider?

It seems that any sort of issue such as problems with unlocking, delays with new provider, being unfamiliar with the processes involved could easily mean a period of having no phone service.

You also state "You may receive a bill next month advising of a credit. If you do let me know and I will be able get this refunded to you."

So I "may" receive a bill. Maybe not!

Can you say if my bank account will definitely be debited this month or not? If it is debited are you saying that I then have to let you know in order to receive a refund?

How will this refund be processed, by bank deposit or cheque and how long will this process take?

I hope you appreciate that I need to ask these questions as I have read here and in other forums about many many issues with phone and utility companies

Thanks
    Max

Hi max,

In regard to your bill I have advised that I will credit your account as a goodwill gesture. You will not be charged for this month.

What I have advised is when you start your contract you pay a month in advance so therefore for your last bill this will have this credit returned to you in your final bill.

I hope this clarifies your query for you.

Tony

ToadVine wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me OP.

I gave notice of my intention to cancel my eMobile sim only 30 day contract on 3rd July 2012, and I received confirmation of this cancellation from the eMobile Sales Support Team by email on the same date. I was using the eMobile sim only service until 27th July when I ported to Tesco Mobile.

I have since received 2 bills from eMobile for the periods 27th July - 24th August (56.67 Euro), and 25th August - 24th September (54 Euro). I understood my contract was cancelled from 2rd August 2012.

Sloppy stuff from eMobile.

I'll be expecting this to be sorted out quickly and to my satisfaction or we'll all be going to small claims court.

Hi ToadVine,

Sorry to hear that it took so long for your account to be cancelled.
    If you PM your mobile number and pin I will be happy to investigate this for you.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Hi ToadVine,

Sorry to hear that it took so long for your account to be cancelled.
    If you PM your mobile number and pin I will be happy to investigate this for you.

Tony

Hi Tony

I have already pm'ed you, and started another thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056776066.

Could we keep all discussion of my account on the thread I started please?

Cheers

ToadVine wrote: »
    Hi Tony

I have already pm'ed you, and started another thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056776066.

Could we keep all discussion of my account on the thread I started please?

Cheers

Hi ToadVine,

I have responded to your other post.

Tony

• Advertisement

Tony.

It sort of clarifies it but for some reason you don't seem to want to address many of my questions throughout this thread.

Could you confirm please:

1. The bill I received this month covering a min commitment up to 24th October will be debited by DD from my bank account as normal.

2. Next month I will receive a final bill with a credit for the 3 week period of October which I was charged for while not being an eMobile customer.

Again, How will this credit be processed? Cheque or deposit to my bank account?

If you wanted to you could explain how this credit becomes a 'goodwill gesture'.

Regards
    Max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Tony.

It sort of clarifies it but for some reason you don't seem to want to address many of my questions throughout this thread.

1. The bill I received this month covering a min commitment up to 24th October will be debited by DD from my bank account as normal.

2. Next month I will receive a final bill with a credit for the 3 week period of October which I was charged for while not being an eMobile customer.

If you wanted to you could explain how this credit becomes a 'goodwill gesture'.

Regards
    Max

If I was you I'd cancel the DD and pay the balance you owe up to your cancellation date by cash/cheque in an emobile store. Why should you have to wait until next month to receive a bill showing the credit and then possibly another month or more to receive the refund?

Tony.

Regards
    Max

Hi Max,

As I advised you will not be charged for this months bill as I will apply a credit to your account which will offset this charge. You will not receive a bill.

In regard to the refund I advised of this will be applied to your next months bill for the monthly commitment you paid at the beginning of your contract.

Let me know if this clarifies your query.

Tony

Hi Max,

As I advised you will not be charged for this months bill as I will apply a credit to your account which will offset this charge. You will not receive a bill.

In regard to the refund I advised of this will be applied to your next months bill for the monthly commitment you paid at the beginning of your contract.

Let me know if this clarifies your query.

Tony

Tony

Thanks for reply.

I'm sorry to appear stupid and yes I still need clarification.

I have in front of me a bill covering commitment charge up to 24th October. Will this bill be debited from my account in the next few days? I'm remain confused as your last message says that I will not be charged for this month's bill.

Then you say that a refund will be applied to next month's bill. I have finished my account with eMobile (Thank God). I don't expect a bill for next month.

Therefore how will this refund be applied ?

Regards
    Max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

@maximus02 - I think you should consider the advice from Wile E. Coyote.

I terminated a Meteor account (I know it's not eMobile but it's all Eircon) and was left in credit to the tune of €17.30. They sent me a statement month after month after month telling me I was in credit. I asked them to stop and simply send me a cheque. THREE months later after chasing them non stop I got a refund to my bank account.

Don't let this happen to you unless you enjoy the chase :):)

Tony

Thanks for reply.

I'm sorry to appear stupid and yes I still need clarification.

I have in front of me a bill covering commitment charge up to 24th October. Will this bill be debited from my account in the next few days? I'm remain confused as your last message says that I will not be charged for this month's bill.

Then you say that a refund will be applied to next month's bill. I have finished my account with eMobile (Thank God). I don't expect a bill for next month.

Therefore how will this refund be applied ?

Regards
    Max

Hi Max,

Could I give you a call to advise of this?

Tony

Tony

Yes, please call me at the number I gave in my first PM.

Max

Tony

Yes, please call me at the number I gave in my first PM.

Max

Hi Max,

What time is convenient for you to take a call?

Tony

Anytime

• Advertisement

Dum De Dum

Dum De Dum

Taps fingers on desk beside phone.

Just in case anybody's wondering, it's now 4 working days later and no call as promised!

Advertisement