Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating eMobile Service

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

maximus02 wrote: »
    Dum De Dum

Dum De Dum

Taps fingers on desk beside phone.

Just in case anybody's wondering, it's now 4 working days later and no call as promised!

Hi maximus02,

My apologies that you have not received a call back. I can organise a call now for you if this is convenient to you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Tony.

Yes as stated already, anytime.

Will it be you calling or do I have to describe the whole process to someone else all over again?

All I want is to know what is happening, either by phone call or by other communication. Someone else calling who doesn't know is of no use. Neither is someone to will say they'll go away and make enquiries and come back to me.

Max

Tony.

Yes as stated already, anytime.

Will it be you calling or do I have to describe the whole process to someone else all over again?

All I want is to know what is happening, either by phone call or by other communication. Someone else calling who doesn't know is of no use. Neither is someone to will say they'll go away and make enquiries and come back to me.

Max

Hi Max,

It will be one of my colleagues that will contact you in regard to this and the agent will be brought up to date in regard to this case.

You will not have to explain this again.

Tony

Tony

Thanks for PM.

I don't know what happened with your phone call. My phone didn't ring and there is no 'missed call' message.

Just to let you know I have cancelled my direct debit with Eircom.
    I will take this as notice to Eircom of my termination of my Direct Debit.

Anyway, We'll see what happens with the bill.

Thanks
    Max

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

Tony

Thanks for PM.

I don't know what happened with your phone call. My phone didn't ring and there is no 'missed call' message.

Thanks
    Max

their good at their promises of calls alright!!! im only waiting since july 27th for the last call i was promised!! and that was the lies coming from the head of complaints for meteor and emobile !!! and in case you want to complain about the head of complaints, the complaint has to be sent to the same person.... whom even after 17 emails from his fellow staff still doesnt act upon his promises!! great company eh !!
    Thankfully the all clear to start legal action against them has been cleared now anyway.

good luck with your problems and lies from them... ps probably worth recording the conversations..... and despite what they say, you are legally entitled to do so....

• Advertisement

Well hopefully it's over now and I'm sure glad to be out of Eircon. I should have known better really when I signed up.

I was going to give up at one stage in my discussion but when they started saying that they would offer a 'Gesture of Goodwill' it spured me on.

I'll see what happens.

Tony

Thanks for PM.

Thanks
    Max

Well hopefully it's over now and I'm sure glad to be out of Eircon. I should have known better really when I signed up.

I was going to give up at one stage in my discussion but when they started saying that they would offer a 'Gesture of Goodwill' it spured me on.

I'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Hi Max,

Yes I can assure you that your account is closed with eMobile. You will no longer receive a bill from ourselves as advised if you get a bill from eMobile with a minus sign before the Euro this means that eMobile owe you money from the beginning of your contract.

Contact us here if this happens and I will be able issue you a refund.

Tony

Hi Paul....Me again.

This morning I received a bill from eMobile showing a Credit amount of €21.62.

Could you please let me know how this amount will be paid by Eircom and what information you may need to transfer this amount.

Thanks
    Max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

@ maximus02 - just a reminder of post #26 in this thread. Good luck!!

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi Paul....Me again.

This morning I received a bill from eMobile showing a Credit amount of €21.62.

Could you please let me know how this amount will be paid by Eircom and what information you may need to transfer this amount.

Thanks
    Max

Hi Max,

The refund can be processed either to your bank account registered to your account or to a credit card.

Let me know what method of payment you wish to receive your credit and I will get this processed for you.

Gráinne

• Advertisement

Gráinne

Thanks for reply.

Could you please transfer this amount to my bank account which is registered to my account.

I'd appreciate if you could let me know when this has been done.

Thanks
    Max

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

Hi Max,

The refund can be processed either to your bank account registered to your account or to a credit card.

Let me know what method of payment you wish to receive your credit and I will get this processed for you.

Gráinne

grainne
    can you issue my credit for 1262 via cheque,
    thanks

i will be in contact with the CEOs office in relation to the other 300
    thanks

grainne
    can you issue my credit for 1262 via cheque,
    thanks

i will be in contact with the CEOs office in relation to the other 300
    thanks

Hi finnegan101
    Your own case is in hand with CEO office. I am unable to get involved at this stage.
    Grainne

Hi Grainne / Tony

A week now since promise of transfer of refund to my bank account.

I know that the wisdom of our fine banking establishments means that transfer can take a few days but it is a week now.

Please advise what is happening with your promised transfer.

Thanks
    Max

Hi Grainne / Tony

I know that the wisdom of our fine banking establishments means that transfer can take a few days but it is a week now.

Thanks
    Max

Good God they're still at it. I'm getting' the popcorn out....

Hi Grainne / Tony

Thanks
    Max

Hi Max,

The refund takes 10 working days to be processed to your bank account.

The refund definitely has been processed for you.

Let me know once you receive the credit.

Gráinne

Gráinne

Thanks for reply.

So, hopefully I will receive it by this time next week.

I'll let you know.

Max

Gráinne

Thanks for reply.

So, hopefully I will receive it by this time next week.

I'll let you know.

Max

No problem Max. Always happy to help.
    Yes please let me know once you receive the refund.

Grainne

Gráinne / Tony

The saga continues.

We're now on day 14 of your promised 10 days for my refund to be processed. No sign of any credit to my bank account.

I know at this stage of this long-running saga that I can't really expect much better from our ex-public company known as Eircom but could you please process this transfer now!!!

Regards
    Max Kelly

@maximus02, I'm sorry to hear you're still having this problem. I was passed from billy to jack and back again while I was looking for my refund.

I thought at the time that it was tactics by Eircon - if they delay enough the refund request might go away. I suggested this to a friend who works in Eircon and he just smiled!!!

Don't let go and good luck.

• Advertisement

Thanks @WestWicklow1

I'm not going away.

Gráinne / Tony

The saga continues.

We're now on day 14 of your promised 10 days for my refund to be processed. No sign of any credit to my bank account.

I know at this stage of this long-running saga that I can't really expect much better from our ex-public company known as Eircom but could you please process this transfer now!!!

Regards
    Max Kelly

Hi Max,

Sorry to hear you have not received your refund to your bank account.

I will look into this and will advise.

Gráinne

Gráinne / Tony

What a shocker!!

I lay in bed last night thinking about what level of sarcasm I should use in my intended latest comment in this thread. I'm starting to enjoy this now I think.

I awoke this morning and made my way to my computer full of lots and lots of nice juicy sarcasm with which to get my point across.

Just a sec. I had better check my bank account online just in case. What a shocker! A credit has been made to my account from Eircom!!!

On day 20 of Eircom's promise of a 10 day transfer process, my account was credited. And only 2 months since I originally started this thread! (Sorry, I can't avoid just a little sarcasm.

Finally I am free of the shackles of Eircom :)

Thanks to @WestWicklow1 and others for their comments and thanks to Eircom staff who attend this forum and have to spend so much time each and every day here apologising to people for the company which they work for.

Thank you and Goodnight!!
    Max

Gráinne / Tony

What a shocker!!

I lay in bed last night thinking about what level of sarcasm I should use in my intended latest comment in this thread. I'm starting to enjoy this now I think.

I awoke this morning and made my way to my computer full of lots and lots of nice juicy sarcasm with which to get my point across.

Just a sec. I had better check my bank account online just in case. What a shocker! A credit has been made to my account from Eircom!!!

On day 20 of Eircom's promise of a 10 day transfer process, my account was credited. And only 2 months since I originally started this thread! (Sorry, I can't avoid just a little sarcasm.

Finally I am free of the shackles of Eircom :)

Thanks to @WestWicklow1 and others for their comments and thanks to Eircom staff who attend this forum and have to spend so much time each and every day here apologising to people for the company which they work for.

Thank you and Goodnight!!
    Max

Hi maximus02,

Glad to hear you received your refund back to your account. My apologies you did not receive your refund within the correct timeframe.

If there is anything I can assist you with further don't hesitate to contact me here.

Grainne

Congratulations maximus02 on getting your refund so much quicker than I did.

What I have learned is - don't waste time sending private emails to eircon accounts staff as I did. Instead, do as maximus02 did and go on a public forum and look for your refund. You'll get it 70 days quicker (provided you keep looking for it)!!!

Thanks Westwicklow1.

I wonder sometimes how long these companies will keep these public forums going.

I'm sure it must attract new customers when the potential customer sees a forum in which they can talk to the company. But it also shows up what they will do, under the guise of simple errors and meaningless apologies, to try and put off an existing customer who has an issue.

It seems to work, for me anyway, if a customer does not resort to abuse and has patience and keeps up the dialogue in order to keep the thread going. Also as you say, stay away from PMs and keep the dialogue in the main public forum.

Thanks again and good luck with your Eircom issues.

@maximus02 keep an eye on your account statements because I've just discovered that Meteor has stolen an amount equal to the credit I received from them from my visa card.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056827060

Advertisement