Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kellogg's extra

Options
  • 03-10-2012 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm really hoping someone can help me! While in France this summer I rediscovered a cereal that I used to eat all the time when I lived there. It's called Kelloggs Extra and its flakes of cereal with chunks of milk chocolate and its the best cereal in the entire world! I brought some back but now I'm running out and I can't find anything similar here. Has anyone spotted it (or something similar) in the Dublin/Kildare area? Failing that, I'll be in Northern Ireland soon so if its available up there I could get some. I've tried googling it but there isn't much info on it....
    Here's what it looks like:
    http://www.supermarche-reuilly.simplymarket.fr/acheter-extra-pepites-chocolat-au-lait-kellogg-s-500g-kellogg-s,169381,435.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mac72

Hi did you get sorted? I'm just back from France and while I was there I was eating this cereal everyday. I went shopping for it here today and the closest I could get was crunchy nut chocolate. But it's not the same :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi Mac72, welcome to Boards. Just a heads up - as a general rule we don't revive threads that are more than 6 months old. Since this is a tiny thread and the Snacks & Sweets forum is relatively quiet I'll leave it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could just add chocolate to a similar one, you can grate a bar with a cheese grater which is often cheaper than buying chocolate nibs/chips. And read the other ingredients, there is coconut in the first one linked.

http://www.frenchclick.co.uk/p-3726-kelloggs-extra-pepites-de-chocolat-500g.aspx

dunno if this is the crunch nut one you got
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=273320802

Yes that's the one I got but its not as nice as the Kellogg's Extra. If you can make it ill buy it from you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

There's a chocolate cereal in Marks & Spencers, don't know if its similar to what your looking for though as I've never had the Kelloggs extra, it's called triple chocolate crunch I think. It's delicious anyway so trying it won't be a chore!!! :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that ill be in marks tomorrow and ill have a look. Ill give you the verdict soon. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

mimihops wrote: »
    There's a chocolate cereal in Marks & Spencers, don't know if its similar to what your looking for though as I've never had the Kelloggs extra, it's called triple chocolate crunch I think. It's delicious anyway so trying it won't be a chore!!! :-)
    Second this. It's amazing. Just dessert in a box basically. It would be fab over ice cream.

Advertisement