Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your go-to piece of clothing

• 03-10-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I have a dress that is perfect for almost everything (except very formal events - weddings, balls etc.) I can wear it in summer and winter; day and night; bare legs or with black tights; with heels, pumps, boots, brogues or sandals; with a cardigan, blazer or nothing. The print is flowery so it looks summery in summer, and adds a splash of colour and cheer in winter. Best thing is that I picked it up in Dunnes for about 30e around 2 or 3 years ago. It takes so little effort to look good in it.

So everyone, what is your go-to piece of fashion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Topshop skinny jeans, bershka emerald green tank top and a navy 3/4 length blazer from A-Wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

From this time of year onwards its my navy peacoat. It looks both casual and smart, goes with pretty much everything I own since its navy, and its like wearing a waterproof blanket. It's official navy issue, got it in an army store but got it tailored and switched out the buttons. I cannot express how much I love it.

Thy and my double breasted shawl neck cardigan. So easily to dress up or down. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Last Christmas I got a black knee-length coat from Ted Baker. It's just perfect! It has stud buttons and a belt around the waist, pockets deep enough to hold my mp3 player without the pocket bulging out, and beautiful patterned lining (which no-one sees, but I know it's there!) and it always looks nice and structured. I've gotten loads of compliments on it, and it's so warm that it's perfect for this chillier weather.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have jeans that are 7-8 years old which are torn at the knee, worn away at a spot on the back of the thigh and sport an interesting array of old stains that no amount of washing will ever diminish. I don't wear them outside anymore, obviously! But they, along with a giant hoodie, are my ultimate item of comfort clothing. I'm going to wear them until they actually fall off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My Tommy Hilfiger black winter wool coat - it looks well over business clothes or jeans. I actually feel a little disheveled when I wear any other coat.

I also have a Nicole Fahri purple patterned silk dress. Again, it can be smart or casual - I've worn it to work, as well as out at night. Comfortable and very adaptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

There's a playsuit from River Island that I bought last year and bought again this year because I love wearing it out so much. My sister also has and loves it. I asked her one evening what I'd wear out to which she replied "THE PLAYSUIT! Never fails to pull." :pac: young ones, is there only one thing on their minds?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Disco pants :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

Has to be my AA disco pants for me. Always my go to if I don't know what to wear. Make me feel sooo confident. Wear then with a shirt, cardigan and flats during the day and dress them up at night with heels and dressy top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Leather jacket from Bershka i got about 3 years ago, actually looks better now kinda worn than since i go it. Also a grey long sleeved baggy jumper goes with anything, topshop skinny jeans and my river island high waisted black skinny trousers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Either my wine/burgundy skinny jeans from Topshop or my Kurt Geiger heels :)

Advertisement