Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ireland

Options
  • 03-10-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi

We are moving to Cork in the new year. I currently have a Galaxy S2 on the giffgaff network (owned by O2) as I am mainly a data and text user.

My wife is on Virgin mobile, again monthly pay as you go.

What are the best networks for high data/ moderate texting and low calls?

Best = a balance between cost, coverage and data speed.

I appreciate that this a "how long is a piece of string" type question but opinions are what I'm after.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

15gb of data, 3000 texts, and 3000 mins at weekends, and 3000 mins to anyone on the same network at anytime for €20 a month. You also get to use the €20 credit to ring other networks or landlines during monday to friday.

Their '3 like home' service may also be handy when returning to the UK for visits, its the same price as in Ireland including data use etc.

Any questions just ask. Good luck with the move!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 maxbiaggi

Thanks Davy,

I hadn't seen that deal and that looks pretty good value to me! I hope it's still available come January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Also makes sense for you both to be on the same network. Then you can call each other free using the free Three to Three calls. Even if only one of you top-up, you can still benefit from free calls, by having a buzz and call back system.

For example, you're both on Three, but only one of you has topped up by €20. So you buzz the person who has topped up, (has free 3 to 3 calls) then hangup. They recognise your name and number on Caller ID and call or text you back for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Make sure you have both phones unlocked before coming over

• Registered Users Posts: 20 maxbiaggi

All good tips! Many thanks. :cool:

My phone is already unlocked so I'll get hers sorted out and/or replaced before moving down.

Is Three's coverage okay in the Cork and the greater Co. Cork area?

• Advertisement
Advertisement