Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Fire - the low down in lay mans terms

Options
  • 03-10-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Ok, in lay terms, what does the Kindle Fire do? I'm thinking of getting one for my wife for...dare I say it...Christmas and I'd like to know a bit more about them before I buy one.

1. You can download ebooks and read them

2. It appears to have wifi and a web browser, is that right? So, you can use it for surfing as you would a tablet?

3. When you buy an eBook, do you have to buy it only from the amazon site? Are there sites out there with free eBooks which you can put on to it?

4. It seems to play videos, does that mean you can you connect a USB (for example) and copy your own movies, music, etc on to it?

5. Anything else I'm missing?

I understand that there are restrictions on where you can buy them i.e. Amazon UK not shipping to Ireland, etc.

Thanks for the replies, I know the questions are a bit basic :)

Advertisement