Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking Ceiling!!

• 03-10-2012 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

IMAG0034.jpg
    Having a bit of a problem with a leaking roof..I live in a block of flats and everytime there is heavy rain it leaks and as you can see causing wallpaper to peel!!!
    The council are no use in fixing it they reckon it is coming all the way from the roof through the woman above and then into our bedroom..
    Just wondering I'd there is anyway to stop this from my end???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

If your in a block of apartments it is possible that the leak is coming from the rainwater pipes which are probably in boxing behind the wall. A seal on a joint may have given way and is leaking as a result or as you said water coud be running along the service shaft to your ceiling. There is nothing you can do from your end. The leak has to be stopped. If there a management company? If yes ring them. Otherwise send a letter with the pictures to the council and they should get it sorted. Otherwise getting a roofer to find the cause of the damage is another option.

Advertisement