Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best of luck to all sitting the ham exam tomorrow.

Options
  • 03-10-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭

tomorrow is the big day for all sitting the radio exam,i hope you all pass :)
    just remember take your time,look over the questions and if your unsure of one or two questions leave them till near the end where you have the rest answered just go back to the questions you were unsure of and narrow down the 4 answers to what you think is a common sense answer.

best of luck and hope to work some ei,s on the air 73,3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

How did everyone think the done at the exam today?.
    Be delighted to hear what people taught of there exam papers and also any questions you got stuck on?,maybe you could post them on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Passed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Congrats!!

don't do like I did and leave the cert in a drawer for 28 years!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Passed! :D

Now you can have an 800W "CB" or do actual experimentation and "home brew". A vast range of options from wires for 137kHz to plumbing for 10GHz and higher is now open. You can even invent your own modes now.

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

watty wrote: »
    Now you can .......... "home brew".
    I spent a very pleasant 45 mins this morning making a 4 element yagi for 2m from a piece of 22m plumbers pipe and a metal tape measure.

love this lark!!

• Advertisement

There goes the digimodes on 11m :D

bassy wrote: »
    There goes the digimodes on 11m :D

I wouldnt say that now :D

But with all those other frequencies to use now... :drool:

Check this out

http://pskreporter.info/pskmapn.html?preset&callsign=ZZZZZ&what=all&mode=ROS&timerange=3600&hideunrec=1

See how much 11m activity there is using ROS mode.. I have made plenty contacts with Ham radio stations (using their Ham calls) on 27.245usb

11m is a great spot.. the last truly free place on HF, every second station you talk to on there is a HAM seeking refuge from the shackles...

:D

As a ei call holder and having worked 11m for years,I have to say from recently having a sirio 827 on 10m I have noticed quite a great dx on 11m with brazil,USA,Mexico flying in :) it really brings back the memories and it's still a great band :-)

Its probably the one of the most difficult bands to DX on too due to the crazy qrm . It do be hectic on there. Its all part of the fun though.

I'm looking forward to working some other bands now, 16 years on 11m now, it will be nice to venture to new places. :)

bassy wrote: »
    As a ei call holder and having worked 11m for years,I have to say from recently having a sirio 827 on 10m I have noticed quite a great dx on 11m with brazil,USA,Mexico flying in :) it really brings back the memories and it's still a great band :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement