Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking App

Options
  • 03-10-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Might be the wrong forum, but can anyone recommend a good app for the I phone for hillwalking.

I have seen people with an app that has maps, grids etc of the various areas.

Mostly walk around Wicklow

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Tekken wrote: »
    Might be the wrong forum, but can anyone recommend a good app for the I phone for hillwalking.

Thanks

Best one I have used is Viewranger and I still use it on iPhone as a back up to a Garmin. The only drawbacks are

a) It eats battery power on a phone
    b) A phone is not as rugged as a purpose built GPS
    c) I find the iPhone's GPS can take some time to lock in remote areas and will drop its connection often.

Generally though Viewranger is a great product and cheaper than buying a stand alone GPS

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tekken

Tekken wrote: »

Thanks

Best one I have used is Viewranger and I still use it on iPhone as a back up to a Garmin. The only drawbacks are

a) It eats battery power on a phone
    b) A phone is not as rugged as a purpose built GPS
    c) I find the iPhone's GPS can take some time to lock in remote areas and will drop its connection often.

Generally though Viewranger is a great product and cheaper than buying a stand alone GPS

Thank you, will look at that

Advertisement