Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport - What to do for friends birthday

Options
  • 03-10-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

It's my friends 19th birthday on Saturday and I was wondering where should I steer her to in Westport?
    I don't live in Westport but she does. There would be a party of 5 or more.
    The reason I ask is because I'm wary of the places she picks. She's been barred from 2 pubs ( Cosy Joes & Henaghans in Westport )
    I know she wants to go to C2 but I don't know if I can get in because I have no black ID (I don't drink) but I have a valid passport.

So in short what pubs could we go to and can I get into C2?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭irishgeo

cathug10 wrote: »
    It's my friends 19th birthday on Saturday and I was wondering where should I steer her to in Westport?
    I don't live in Westport but she does. There would be a party of 5 or more.
    The reason I ask is because I'm wary of the places she picks. She's been barred from 2 pubs ( Cosy Joes & Henaghans in Westport )
    I know she wants to go to C2 but I don't know if I can get in because I have no black ID (I don't drink) but I have a valid passport.

So in short what pubs could we go to and can I get into C2?

Thanks in advance :D

The clock tavern has music on a saturday night and the west bar have a disco bar. you should be fine with the passport in C2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cathug10

irishgeo wrote: »
    The clock tavern has music on a saturday night and the west bar have a disco bar. you should be fine with the passport in C2.

Thank you! Will check the clock tavern out.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Electrinic act Le Galaxie are playing in the Wyatt for the arts festival.....

http://westportartsfestival.com/events/2012/10/06/dance-night-le-galaxie-and-sleep-thieves/

Samhain wrote: »
    Electrinic act Le Galaxie are playing in the Wyatt for the arts festival.....

http://westportartsfestival.com/events/2012/10/06/dance-night-le-galaxie-and-sleep-thieves/

Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

there is a sticky at the top re entertainment in westport.

Heneghans and Cosy Joes do not afaik bar many people. the respective owners Michael Heneghan and Joe O'Malley would give her a hearing it there has been a misunderstanding.

• Advertisement

nuac wrote: »
    there is a sticky at the top re entertainment in westport.

Heneghans and Cosy Joes do not afaik bar many people. the respective owners Michael Heneghan and Joe O'Malley would give her a hearing it there has been a misunderstanding.

I read the entertaiment thing. Just wanted peoples personal opinion.
    I'll tell her to talk to the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Hmmmm for a 19yr old....

How's about starting at The Islander up beside Blue Thunder. The back part seems to get a young crowd.

Down to The Jester, The West, over the bridge to T Bourkes, then onto the niteclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Nah I know tons of people banned from Henehen's.

Back of T bourkes is usually packed with a young crowd and then I guess if you can't get into Henehen's just go to C2. I don't have a black Id and I've never had a problem getting in there with my passport.

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Hmmmm for a 19yr old....

How's about starting at The Islander up beside Blue Thunder. The back part seems to get a young crowd.

Down to The Jester, The West, over the bridge to T Bourkes, then onto the niteclub.
    Nah I know tons of people banned from Henehen's.

Back of T bourkes is usually packed with a young crowd and then I guess if you can't get into Henehen's just go to C2. I don't have a black Id and I've never had a problem getting in there with my passport.

Thanks for the suggestions. We mightn't go to the islander as that's their spot and they want something different. Thanks witht the C2 info.

Advertisement