Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Eircom..Any Suggestions?

Options
  • 03-10-2012 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I rejoined Eircom Broadband in August after a year abroad.

Since then i have had nothing but issues.

When i first got the box I was getting a really slow connection, and it took me to phone Eircom to be told the router that THEY gave me had a bug that needed a firmware update.

Since I've updated my download speed has been fine but everything else is horrendous.

The signal is really bad throughout the house apart from the room the router is in. Skype calls are dropping endlessly.
    I'm lucky to get above 0.1 on my upload speed 90% of the time.
    The router needs restarted atleast twice a week to function.

I've been living in the UK the past year on BT and i haven't had any issues as bad as Eircoms service.

I phoned technical support about the upload speed and they were no help.

does anyone know what UPC or Vodafone is like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

neilq5 wrote: »
    I rejoined Eircom Broadband in August after a year abroad.

Since then i have had nothing but issues.

When i first got the box I was getting a really slow connection, and it took me to phone Eircom to be told the router that THEY gave me had a bug that needed a firmware update.

Since I've updated my download speed has been fine but everything else is horrendous.

The signal is really bad throughout the house apart from the room the router is in. Skype calls are dropping endlessly.
    I'm lucky to get above 0.1 on my upload speed 90% of the time.
    The router needs restarted atleast twice a week to function.

I've been living in the UK the past year on BT and i haven't had any issues as bad as Eircoms service.

I phoned technical support about the upload speed and they were no help.

does anyone know what UPC or Vodafone is like?

Hi neilq5

Sorry to hear you are having some issues. PM me your account details and I can run a few checks from our end.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement