Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to input engineers code

Options
  • 03-10-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Have a HKC alarm (approx 5yrs old) and have the engineers code, when I punch it into the keypad nothing happens, nearly sure it brought me into a menu before. The reason I want to get into the engineers menu is so I can take the lid of the panel to see what model I have or is there an easier way to find out as I want to install a GSM dialer as we dont have a phone line.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its not responding at all its not the right code.
    Press 0 before the code to be sure.
    You can take the lid off the panel without it being in engineer mode. The alarm will activate & you can disarm it with your user code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

:oWrong code, anyone know if the SW8/12 model takes a gsm dialer and if so
    is there a generic version or do I need to get a HKC one, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

cubix wrote: »
    :oWrong code, anyone know if the SW8/12 model takes a gsm dialer and if so
    is there a generic version or do I need to get a HKC one, cheers.

You can use a generic GSM without having the engineer code. Just trigger it off the bell.
    The GSM-P is the one you need to allow remote access to the alarm plus get more information in the event of an alarm activation. E.G zones that have activated. The generic GSM will just say alarm activation at your house without knowing what has activated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

If you use the HKC gsm you will be told exactly what sensor is tripped and at what time and you can arm , disarm ect via text

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can connect any number of generic GSM units . They simply use a bell output for a trigger. The HKC one would give you more options & control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The GSM-P would be the better option providing you have the correct engineer code.

Advertisement