Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Siemens Installer Needed (PSA Reg)

Options
  • 03-10-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

All,

Can anyone recommend a Registered Siemens installer, for Kildare, round the Nass area.

I want to throw out my old alarm and put in a Hybrid, most of the House is wired - but not all areas will want some wireless sensors.

I want the Alarm Monitored, i also would like to be able to connect to it via the Net.

I read that the Siemens supports Cameras - I would ideally like an integrated system like this - but are the IP rated for external use - how do they perform etc.

Any Guidance would be much apprectated, love to get someone out to quote ASAP

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look at the suppliers list here.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    You can also search the PSA register here
    http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/registervw?Openform

You may have to do some phoning around & make sure you get a few quotes.

You will probably be amazed by the amount of company's turning down quotes for Siemens because they don't want to do something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nada123

Hi all,

New here, I have a few questions about the Siemens SPC control panels.
    1. With regard to the X10 features, how does one go about connecting this to the central heating? At the moment it is on a timer and a switch.
    2. How much would the Siemens 4220 and 4320 cost approximately?
    3. How much approx. does an expander cost?

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is an X10 controller that connects to the panel and into the mains.
    A 4220 kit with keypad is around €170-€200
    A 4320 kit with keypad is around €300
    An expander is around €120

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

nada123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

New here, I have a few questions about the Siemens SPC control panels.
    1. With regard to the X10 features, how does one go about connecting this to the central heating? At the moment it is on a timer and a switch.
    2. How much would the Siemens 4220 and 4320 cost approximately?
    3. How much approx. does an expander cost?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't connect x10 as Siemens will no longer be supporting the protocol and are currently developing their own protocol. Apart from that, x10 equipment is very difficult to get in Ireland.

Advertisement