Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teddy Bear Supplier

Options
  • 03-10-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,

I need your help, my sister-in-law bought a teddy bear (classic style) in Cork, the bear is branded (can't remember the name) but they come with a name and a personality profile.

However we lost ours and my daughter loves this bear so I am trying to find a replacement...

I know its a long shot as we don't know the original shop which sold it, means we are stuck...

Can you help please...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What do you mean a name and profile? Does it talk, like violet?http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3719288

Some clues from your sister-in-law might be handy. Big shop or small shop, city center or shopping center in the burbs?

What does it look like? Size, colour, long or short fur? Any hat or clothes of any kind?

It could be any of the big places like smyths, tkmaxx, BT, tesco even. Or it could be any of the smaller toy shops like pinnochios. There is a teddy bear shop in mahon point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Hi pwurple,

It was a brown classic style bear (about 10" tall, its paws were of different material) it was of good quality. A leaflet came with it, to tell you about the "personality" of the bear and its name etc. Not too sure of the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Teddy Mountain in Mahon Point point would be your best bet I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

would you have any pics or anything even a little glimpse of the bear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

would it be one of the bear essentials check the website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Kracken wrote: »
    Hi All,

I need your help, my sister-in-law bought a teddy bear (classic style) in Cork, the bear is branded (can't remember the name) but they come with a name and a personality profile.

However we lost ours and my daughter loves this bear so I am trying to find a replacement...

I know its a long shot as we don't know the original shop which sold it, means we are stuck...

Can you help please...

Was it a Steiff bear? They are the classic bear brand and sold in Pinocchio's in cork. V expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

A steiff bear would be fairly distinctive. They have a goldy button in their ear. Did the bear have that?

There was a brown bear from BT. I think they sell them at christmas. It would have a knitted jumper on with brown thomas, but that's the only marking as far as I remember.
    Here is a pic:
    http://www.adverts.ie/soft-toys/two-brown-thomas-teddy-bears/810234

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Hi All,

Manage to find the type of bear it's a Russ Icky version, I think from a place Alison's Bear Shop in cork somewhere

Advertisement