Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IOS 6 UPGRADE MURDERED MY PHONE

• 03-10-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Im no expert on iphones maybe this is my problem but when i seen an upgrade available in my iphone settings to ios6 i went ahead and done it. The phone is about 7 months old never had a problem with it before. So i followed all the instructions clearly of what to do before the upgrade (updated itunes, cleared some things out so there was enough available memory etc...) an went ahead with the upgrade. When i connected to itunes it removed all the software from my phone but wouldnt restore it. Then i couldnt get the phone to do anything, cant power it off properly yet the screen stayed black, the apple icon would come on for a few seconds then the itunes logo then nothing. So i rang apple support last night and they connected to my computer to try and fix the problem and they kept me on the line FOR FIVE HOURS! After 5 hours of hearing it will be repaired in the next 5 minutes i couldnt stay awake any longer and told them this and they ended the remote access session, so i switch on my computer this morning and all my settings have been changed im getting threat alerts all over the place.

So i brought the phone back to the shop i bought it in this morning but because it was a new replacement phone of one i bought over a year ago they said the warranty was not valid anymore and if i wanted it fixed it would cost at least 150.00 euro:eek: He then tried to sell me another one on a contract at the same price of the repair when im not long after havin the bloody thing unlocked from an expensive plan. So i went and rang Apple support again today and this time i had to pay £50.00 before they would even let me talk to a technician:mad: so a technincian dialled in at half one today and is still workin on it but its just the same rigmarole as last night only this time its gone on for 6 and a half hours... so far!!
    Has this happened to anyone else when using this upgrade, my phone was working perfect until i done this should i really have had to pay £50 to sort out a problem with a product of theirs that ballsed up my phone, not that its even sorted yet grrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

no do not pay them anything your phone is just stuck in a reboot loop by the sounds of it have you another pc you could try restore it with????

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grrrrrrrrr

No i didnt even think of that ive no other computer at home but couldve brought it to work, shoudve came here first for an answer before payin them, ill try that tomorrow if they dont sort it tonight , just another thing i cant power the phone off in the normal way, the screen is going black but the red 'slide to power off' thingy hasnt come up at all on it would that make a difference

oh and when its connected to itunes its saying itunes detected a phone in recovery mode then it tries to load the software then an error message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

what is the error you are getting???

The latest was error 21 but i was watching the remote connection last night an everytime she tried somethin different then a new error message would come up, probably about 6 different ones in total i didnt note the numbers but she deleted itunes and reloaded again and changed a heap of settings in my laptop

• Advertisement

Did you try putting the phone into DFU mode and doing a restore?

http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/24/iphone-dfu-mode-explained-and-how-to-enter-dfu-mode-on-your-iphone/

Just clicked on the linked there for that, the technician had me try that a heap of times today and it took about 10 goes at it before itunes even detected that the phone was connected and it would was still showing that it was in recovery mode, im in work now at the min but last time i looked before i left home it was attempting to reload the software onto the phone and thats where the problem was last night, it would take an hour to relaod the software and then the error messages would come up, ill check back in later if theres no joy with them, appreciate the input so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

grrrrrrrrr wrote: »
    The latest was error 21 but i was watching the remote connection last night an everytime she tried somethin different then a new error message would come up, probably about 6 different ones in total i didnt note the numbers but she deleted itunes and reloaded again and changed a heap of settings in my laptop
    Download tinyumbrella and run it with the phone connected and click exit recovery. Happened to 2 iPhone 4's I updated

Thanks ill try that, does it matter that its an iphone 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

No tinyumbrella works fine on a 3gs

• Advertisement

Great thanks ill let ye know how it goes, kickin meself i didnt come here first, it was nearly gettin launched out the window earlier

Got home last night and the technician had just logged off my computer after workin on it for about 9 hours with no joy and left a message sayin he'd dial back in tomrrow an try fix it again so i went to the top of this list an was plannin on tryin everythin suggested, dug out an old laptop i forgot i even had and connected the phone and it restored straight away no problems, so thanks massy086 an everyone else. Thought thats my £50 down the drain but i called them back and they refunded it to me, happy days, i know where to come in future for tech support!!!

Advertisement