Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal parking

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You want parking really annoys me. Leonard Motors. He parks his "For Sale" cars in public parking spaces on the street outside and has been doing so for years. He doesn't get tickets on them but clearly he should because he's not for moving them.

There was a car there one morning, parked there overnight. Leonards cars were clearly parked blocking the car in, mms between the bumpers front and rear. Dirty gits.

Traffic Wardens just wander passed the cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sorry to drag up this old thread but to whom do I report illegal parking? Someone on my street keeps taking up the entire public pathway with their van, despite all the houses here having large driveways and I can't get my son's pram around it. I can't even get past it if I wear my son in a sling as even a person by themselves has to skootch along, so anyone who isn't quite slim can't get by. Today I saw a wheelchair user having to go around it and I'm fuming. The road is an incredibly busy one and it's so dangerous to have to go around a van like that. I left a note, polite but firm pointing out that it's dangerous and illegal and I've just noticed that the not has been taken away but the van has been left where it is. It's been there all day now. I'm not sure exactly which house the van belongs to so can't go knock and tbh, if I do I'm likely to lose it with them. So I'd prefer to report it to the Gardaí/traffic authority/whoever is in charge of this but I can't find out who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Gardai/Traffic Corps etc. It is illegal and if it's a constant thing they will act on it, ticket it at least. Money can be a great and powerful persuasive technique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Gardai/Traffic Corps etc. It is illegal and if it's a constant thing they will act on it, ticket it at least. Money can be a great and powerful persuasive technique.

If is parked fully on a path it can be towed, as it's causing an obstruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Thanks, they've moved it now. Maybe they saw me jotting down their license plate. I'll report them straight off if I see it like that again. I don't understand why they park that way as there really are driveways big enough for 3 or 4 cars/vans on all the houses that this van could be at and no more than 1 car parked in any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

You may want to be a bit more discreet about taking the licence plate down in full view. Last thing you want or need is a full blown arguement in front of a child

Advertisement